Sign in to follow this  
Scorlhov

To much torque induced yaw

At low speed or hover, to be more precise :)

Edit

@Serclaes

I think, we must apply to much anti-torque right pedal at take off

Edited by Scorlhov

Keep in mind that the Hind is a beast. It's heavily armed and armored. I think I even remember that the Hind does not even have flat pitch. If I remember correctly the least possible pitch is 1°. So it is completely normal to have a lot of torque to counter.

Also this flight model has been tested by real hind pilots who were astonished at how well the flight model was reproduced ingame. I think this includes the torque...

Flight model of hind was done in cooperation with real world display pilot from Czech "Tiger" squadron. He was able to fly the same menauvers with aprox same use of controls as with real aircraft. He claimed that the flight model is at least 90% the same behavior. The only difference in use of tail rotor I know about is that real Mi24 has a system that limits pedal / tail rotor angles depending on altitude.

Thx for your answer Armored_Sheep

This is probably due to my "coaxial rotors(blackshark)" habits. I need more training :) and will modify my rudder curves.

To much torque induced yaw

...for the Hind. Way too much, IMO

I agree.

You are kidding, right?

No i think he do not and i'm sure i don't....

It's heavily armed and armored

...and it's heavy about 11 tons depand on payload. This mean that it should be feel "lazy" in control .... isn't it?.

So it is completely normal to have a lot of torque to counter

No, it's not. Hind during hover when rudder is neutral position start rotate to left, but slowly.

It's difficult to belive but it's TRUE. Rotate speed will increase a bit when collective is up.

Flight model of hind was done in cooperation with real world display pilot from Czech "Tiger" squadron.

It's good to know :) . I'm working in Polnish Army Aviation as crew chief on hind since 2002 and i have occasion to look from closer on "some" things.

Like last time when i ask the pilot to make a litte test during hover check and show me how effective is torque on hind.

The only difference in use of tail rotor I know about is that real Mi24 has a system that limits pedal / tail rotor angles depending on altitude

...and you will be surprice how much strength you must put on rudder to move him to the limit. But this not necessary if torque is not that much (as in Hind DLC) and tail rotor is enougt effective.

Of course it's not MD-500 :)

It sounds to me as though your aircraft is not correctly trimmed. If you trim it, it shouldn't yaw while in a hover.