Sign in to follow this  
mdraimund

NAT Negotiation failed

Hello,

I can't join a certain server. Another server on the same IP I can join but not this specific one. I just says connection failed. The arma.RPT only gives the error:

NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

I've tried some netsh commands and reset my router but the problem is persisting. Even with my PC in DMZ I'm unable to connect.

Anyone who think they can help?

Tried connecting to the server using a VPN. Only one of the servers appear on "LAN" and I'm still unable to connect to the other server.

Me and FroggyLuv also encountered this issue on Friday evening (two days ago).

We could not connect to each other's PCs. We could connect to many other public servers in the list though.

The error was the same as yours (NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)).

It has worked fine previously but now it's not working by some odd reason. We tried both vanilla Arma2CO with and without beta and i44 with and without beta. Nothing impacted the "connecting failed" problem.

Any advice on this issue would be welcome.

Update:

We got it to work by bypassing the wireless router on Froggy's side. So it seems something was not being handled properly on the router.

Update:

We got it to work by bypassing the wireless router on Froggy's side. So it seems something was not being handled properly on the router.

How do you mean Bypassing the router?

Mine is only one router, inbuilt wireless.

A temporary solution which works for clients. Quoting my friend again:

"I just tested joining through Six Updater and that one managed to join a server I couldn't join through the in-game browser.

*I started my local server without changing anything*

Not seeing your server in that list though so refreshing it. Takes a while.

Well that is interesting.

I'm in"

You CAN join servers that you get Connecting Failed to by using the Six Updater.

The Six Updater adds the command line parameters " -connect=<the Server IP here> -port=2302".

A temporary solution which works for clients. Quoting my friend again:

You CAN join servers that you get Connecting Failed to by using the Six Updater.

The Six Updater adds the command line parameters " -connect=<the Server IP here> -port=2302".

I tried adding "-connect=<the Server IP here> -port=2302" to a players batch file, didn't work. Testing through six.

Hi guys

We have this problem too

we are 16 mate from 8 country.we played until yesterday fine but same problem .can't join each other server .

(NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3))

we tried 3 arma game series..arma 2 free .arma 2 full .arma 2 demo OA.all have this problem.

i follow u posts and others but nothing happen.

strange thing is we can join to dedicated servers,we just can't to join client host servers !!

Edited by Persian MO

There is very little that you can do until Bohemia recognizes that this issue is on their end and needs to be fixed.