Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

Mod Tools / Can we get them 100% translated to english?

To keep it short and simple.

I've been trying out the Oxygen tool for some time. The way everything like layers and hit-detection is set up is actually really logical and simple.

I can see how the tool could be really useful and easy to use. All is understandable. Everything but the language at some areas.

The naming of memory points and such is mainly what I'm talking about. Memory point names for things like headlights, hinges, rotors, suspension, gauges, and flares.

The list probably goes on long after those. I don't know what most of the things are if I look at a different kind of vehicle/model.

Sure it's translatable by hand, but just for the sake of keeping it more accessible.

Am I the only one? Can this even get sorted without breaking models already made?

That off-topic discussion is still kind of off-topic? =)

Answers like that misses the point of why the tools could benefit from translation.

Come on, i was pointing you to a post of mine saying i almost learnt Czech by modding those games. So i didn't miss the point at all, and you're lucky, it was worst before.

Of course, everything should be in english.

Yeah, I know what you mean. You can, and many others probably have learned that way. I just mean that it's not a viable point for it not to get translated.

Not saying precisely that you are unable to understand why more should get translated. Have the tools frequently been updated more and more language wise?

I think what you're talking about is not the tools but things you are opening up with the tools.

But the tool/game/config only recognizes names such as "vrtule" and others, correct?

Aren't the specific names needed in some cases for it all to work?

Edited by AlexVestin

But the tool/game/config only recognizes names such as "vrtule" and others, correct?

Aren't the specific names needed in some cases for it all to work?

yes they are. Some things just can't be translated. O2 itself still has menus (don't know them by heart, related to animations irc) that are in czech instead of english for some reason (forgotten most likely).

What is really weird is for me, a non-native-english-speaker, everything that is related to PCs is in english. From my own work files to the OS and software languages. I really can't work in other language.

well i learned all my few czech words from these tools and ofp earlrly on too

i never learned enough to know what this means tho , found buried in and FSM some dev obviously left for someone to see or question his own ramblings ;)

//wtf? - proc mi nasledujici radka vypisuje nulu?

//if ((count _queue) > 0) then titleText [format["D danger count: %1",(count _queue)],"PLAIN"];

anyone can enlighten me what it says ?

I'm not Czech but Croatian. I think it says: "What the ****? - (Process? not sure what "proc" means) in the next line is writing (resulting in?) zero?"