Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Auto greande launchers

Now that Kegetys has released his AGS-17 for the East, and GFX707 has released the Mark-19 for the West, my question is how hard would it be to mount these in a Jeep, Humvee or UAZ?

I think there is a script at Ofpec that allows an M2 to be mounted in a Humvee, so I assume you could do the same with the AGLs.

But I guess it would look better if there were new models incorparating the launchers...so who's up for the challenge?

Too bad it doesnt work :/ The grenade launcher cannot be fired for some odd reason

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 12 2002,02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad it doesnt work :/ The grenade launcher cannot be fired for some odd reason<span id='postcolor'>

Wow... That looks really sweet. Can you drive it with the grenade launcher on there?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ June 12 2002,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 12 2002,02wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad it doesnt work :/ The grenade launcher cannot be fired for some odd reason<span id='postcolor'>

Wow... That looks really sweet. Can you drive it with the grenade launcher on there?<span id='postcolor'>

Well yes of course, but the grenade launcher does not work smile.gif I have no idea why it doesnt work, so I dunno if it can be fixed... I will give it a deeper thought some day

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 12 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ June 12 2002,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 12 2002,02wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad it doesnt work :/ The grenade launcher cannot be fired for some odd reason<span id='postcolor'>

Wow... That looks really sweet. Can you drive it with the grenade launcher on there?<span id='postcolor'>

Well yes of course, but the grenade launcher does not work <!--emo&smile.gif I have no idea why it doesnt work, so I dunno if it can be fixed... I will give it a deeper thought some day<span id='postcolor'>

Keg there may be an easy way to fix this. You can just use the same script that I use on my blackhawk down mission for mounting a M2 on a Humvee. It should work fine on the AGS gun, but the downside is that it's a script that has to be put into a mission by the mission designer. I don't think it can be put into a .pbo object itself since it uses a target vehicle (to mount it) and a seperate gun (the gun or unit that mounts to the vehicle). Anyhoo...I hope you get your vehicle mount working. That would be pretty cool to have it on that Russian UAZ jeep.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Kegetys

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Kegetys @ June 12 2002,02)

Too bad it doesnt work :/ The grenade launcher cannot be fired for some odd reason

Well yes of course, but the grenade launcher does not work <!--emo& I have no idea why it doesnt work, so I dunno if it can be fixed... I will give it a deeper thought some day

<span id='postcolor'>

May be nothing but I seem to remember some thing about the car horn being listed as a weapon in the car cpp so it needs to be removed and replaced with your M2, AGS-17, Mark-19 or TOW launcher whatever for them to work but I may be wrong

Regards walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snoopy @ June 12 2002,09:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats a nice looking jeep<span id='postcolor'>

I like the roll cage, and I hope you can't swing 360 degrees around with the way it's set up.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (walker @ June 12 2002,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">May be nothing but I seem to remember some thing about the car horn being listed as a weapon in the car cpp so it needs to be removed and replaced with your M2, AGS-17, Mark-19 or TOW launcher whatever for them to work but I may be wrong<span id='postcolor'>

The car horn gets of course overwritten by this weapon... An PK (or an M2) works fine on that thing but the AGS does not. I guess theres an limitation on the ofp engine that a weapon that uses the grenade simulation cannot be fired from an another vehicle that uses car simulation... dunno... And I wouldnt want to do that by scripting, it sucks that way tounge.gif

This may be completly wrong but oh well-it seems there are two types of weapons, ones that use the normal tracer sprite and the ones that use a grenade sprite (or is it a model) maybe you could vhange it to an arcing tracer weapon as all the other explosive weapons work with this tracer round

does it use the same round as the m203, becuase, maybe if it is the same round it wont allow it, becuase its classified as a small arms round, which cant be fired from a vehicle. maybe if you make another ammo type, it will allow it to fire.