Sign in to follow this  
fluttershy

German Forces next Generation

Yes but i still need to get a confirmation about the Supressor used on the Rifle. It's already Speced for easy mounting by just removing the regular Flashhider. Though it wont be a "normal" Supressor because that would make the rifle almost longer then the M107.

About the Railcovers- i think i will do the small grip areas with the Normal Map. Somehow it screws with the UV if i do it differently.

Edited by fluttershy

Speaking of sound suppressors, check this video out. H&K rep says it's a Brugger & Thomet suppressor.

So with a little search I found Brugger & Thomet site, looks like it could be similar to the MSG-90/PSG-1 suppressor (that would be my guess). http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/manufacturing/soundsuppressors/sniper_suppressors.php?navanchor=2110038

I Think B&T will create a special one. For some reason HK is willing to create everything new for the HK G28, even the Handgrip and Buttstock were specially created. The MSG90/ Supressor would extend the weapon by 201.8 mm.

As you can see here PSG1 with Supressor and convert that to the G 28 - current length without supressor is 980 mm with a Barrellength of 420 mm. With the MSG90 Supressor you got a sturdy 1.18 m in total. (with the Buttstock all the way in). But i will look into the matter, i think a inner supressor that goes into the Handguard would fit better and look better as well.

Besides the G28 will use 7.62 x 51 mm

Also got some more intel on Scopes, especially IR and NVG

"recommended accessories include Schmidt & Bender telescopic sights (3-20×50 or 1-8×24), red dot sight (Aimpoint Micro T1), a laser light module (Rheinmetall Soldier Electronics LLM01-RAL8000), night sight (Qioptiq Merlin LR), a thermal sight (Insight CNVD-T35), and laser range finders (Jenoptik HLR15 or Vectronix PLRF15)."

Oh btw.

I'm almost done with the G28 Model and will start with the Textures.

Nl9Hr.jpg

Very nice models indeed , but from your pics i see smooth bugs on rail covers , bipod and vert grip

O Pony

I am paying close attention to this, yes. Can never have enough toys for my box-o-toys. Keep it up!

Sry that i have not posted any updates recently.

I would like to inform you that im currently doing pretty bad healthwise but im tryin to bring out a first shot of the texture as soon as im feeling better and find time to put in the selfrecommandet ammount of detail

Sorry to hear that your not well. Get well soon and take care of yourself.

I was able to get at least a itty bitty bit done this week. Gosh anyone knows a good medicin for permanent headaches?

c2m06.jpg

Since I play a medic a lot, I would suggest avoiding any trimetilxantina dose, avoid eating red meat, drink a lot of water upon a regular basis (at least eight glasses of water, one every hour daily), and a blood pressure check, just to gain a healthy change... and pay a visit to a real doc also! cheers!

Hi fluttershy, I hope you are feeling better and you've seen a doctor. Question: Is the German army using the G28 now or is it still in testing?

Looking great Fluttershy, can't wait to play with some new toys :)

They are not for SOCOM purpose. As of now and the odd requirements Arma 2 does for the models ( at least from my point of view ) i will properly have to use either Blender to get help from someone else or use 3d max to use the toolset....

Sad days

@GD: I know for sure that the 2nd Kompany of the 92 PanzergrenadierLehrBattallion is currently fielding a total of 15 G28s for Field-Testing and presentationpurpose. Though to note, the G28 is used as DMR rather then Sniper-System, because the G22 still is superior in accuracy and firepower.

About the Models and Status: I think i finally got the requirements and little tricks written down to actually get the Lowpoly done correctly. I already got a great helper in Alwarren that will show me how to convert my base model into the proper shape for ingame usage. First off will be the G28, after that the G36K and C.

Edited by fluttershy

I am loving your DMR, we really desperately need a decent 7.62 marksman rifle that allows both a night vision optic and a suppressor, the fact that you are making one is giving me hope that I will finally be effective as a marksman in stealthy night operations.

Please don't stop now, your work is thus far amazing :)

I am loving your DMR, we really desperately need a decent 7.62 marksman rifle that allows both a night vision optic and a suppressor, the fact that you are making one is giving me hope that I will finally be effective as a marksman in stealthy night operations.

Please don't stop now, your work is thus far amazing :)

You can also look at the FHQ WiP Thread. Alwarren is doing several Remington Rifles. Including the MSR and XM2010 - both will have Nightcapability as well, and supressors.