Sign in to follow this  
rob151515

Should I keep going or should I just accept it?

i wonder why nobody suggested here to try disable HT (hyperthreading) (usually in bios)

I didn't think i5's had hyperthreading?

If they do I don't think it's enabled on my system because task manager is only show 4 processors...

I didn't think i5's had hyperthreading?

If they do I don't think it's enabled on my system because task manager is only show 4 processors...

Correct, i5's don't have it.

what exact name of map ?

I never plays sp maps since ofp but I tried today.

Funny things I got very similar result so may be it game issue.

I run takistan map with tanks with 4km vd all drivers in app pref and game setting 1920x1080 all very high except pp and shadows off and game runs on screen frame rate not problem as soon as I got enemy ahead fps drops to 20.when I killed them fs again 60 :)

I never saw such effects in mp games :)

guys i have tested a round abit maybe it is still a CPU limit, BECAUSE, see in Chernaruss SP Maps in campaign mode (im talking especilly about the last missions where youre the commander), i get the CPU bottle necking even at very low viewdistance like 3500.

then i have too reduced GPU usage (50-70%) and not so good fps (25-30) which stay the same even if i reduce reslution to like 800x600 (or what ever the lowest is), and normally im playing on 1920x1200 resolution... so its like CPU bottelnecking (funny thing is i have i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz), but when i degrease view sitance further then abracadabra the FPS rise like a rocket !

on Takistan it is realy 100% GPU and always 40-70 fps @ 5k view distance and i can even go to 8k view distance when im flaying a chopter

the first Chernaruss missions, as well as Chernaruss Multiplayer, lies in between, and it yield 30-50 fps @ 5k view distance

my settings are allways this: 1920x1200 (3d+interface), 5000km view sitance, Very High, texture high, memory high, AF veryhigh, AA low, object veryhigh, terrain high, shadows high, HDR high, post processing disabled), and my specs are i5 2500k@4.5 ghz and ATI6870

so@OP have you tested Takistan map or only Cheranus

Did a bit more testing over the weekend, but have come up empty unfortunately. :(

what exact name of map ?

I never plays sp maps since ofp but I tried today.

Funny things I got very similar result so may be it game issue.

I run takistan map with tanks with 4km vd all drivers in app pref and game setting 1920x1080 all very high except pp and shadows off and game runs on screen frame rate not problem as soon as I got enemy ahead fps drops to 20.when I killed them fs again 60 :)

I never saw such effects in mp games :)

Yep Takistan - that's what I'm seeing.

This is for AMD users:

Try these modded drivers. Follow directions carefully, because current driver files MUST be deleted properly for the new driver files to write to disk on installation.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322616

Went through the whole process - installed the drivers exactly to his specifications - no difference unfortunately.

on Takistan it is realy 100% GPU and always 40-70 fps @ 5k view distance and i can even go to 8k view distance when im flaying a chopter

the first Chernaruss missions, as well as Chernaruss Multiplayer, lies in between, and it yield 30-50 fps @ 5k view distance

my settings are allways this: 1920x1200 (3d+interface), 5000km view sitance, Very High, texture high, memory high, AF veryhigh, AA low, object veryhigh, terrain high, shadows high, HDR high, post processing disabled), and my specs are i5 2500k@4.5 ghz and ATI6870

so@OP have you tested Takistan map or only Cheranus

Haven't test with Chernaruss map - only tested with Takistan at this point (didn't want to introduce to many variables).

I'm not sure how you are getting a min of 40 fps with those settings on Takistan, does that include walking into the middle of towns? When I run those settings, even when I do get 99% GPU load I'm definitely dropping well below 40 fps in towns with lots of buildings and trees around (and that's with a VD of 3000)... :confused:

I am running with memory at 'Default' rather than 'High' though. I find that If I run with memory set to 'High' I get a lot of 'Blob' trees and low res textures not swapping to high res textures until I'm right in front of them....

As frustrating as this is, I still love this game. It is easily the best game (sorry simulation) I have ever played. :)

i wonder why nobody suggested here to try disable HT (hyperthreading) (usually in bios)

Because, IIRC, one of the builds from a few months ago introduced an HT detection routine that meant that rendered such low-level deactivations obsolete.

Or am I mistaken? (it's Monday morning after all)

in towns or crowded place its usually lower yea but never (maybe in extreme cases such as 20 arty strikes blowing everything up around me) ever goes < 25 , which is the point were i realize "choppy" effect

the other guy who has same GPU as u (6950) has 60-70 fps, you should get that too when everything runs perfect i guess !

in Takistan AA is the most critical variable to performance on my machine, on Cheranus ist VD

Because, IIRC, one of the builds from a few months ago introduced an HT detection routine that meant that rendered such low-level deactivations obsolete.

Or am I mistaken? (it's Monday morning after all)

hmm i'm not aware of anything like that, some improvements yes but ... hmm

:confused:

hmm i'm not aware of anything like that, some improvements yes but ... hmm

:confused:

I ran a quick search through the Beta patches section and found these two references:

"since Patch 1.07 default is cpucount 4 and exthreads 7 (for quadcore CPU e.g. I7 CPU)"

"It should default to 4 cores if it autodetects"

I appreciate your confusion, I too loose track of my achievements ;)

these settings are unrelated to HT and lot of users still experience less problems when HT is disabled in BIOS

the real answer is to test it cause nearly each system differs (e.g. different DPC latencies)

I get horrible performance with terrain on anything but low. Going from normal to low might solve your problem if my experience is any indication. It doesn't make a big visual difference that ive noticed either.

I wrote that, but i just loaded up OA to check if the problem was still there and it is not, the framerate is not significantly affected anymore from the terrain detail setting.

If you have input lag, make sure to try forcing off vsync in the control panel. Another thing to try in limiting your framerate via a program like dxtory.

Edited by Libertine