Sign in to follow this  
engima

Disable Map Click

Hi

I'm currently working on a mission where I wand the player group to be lost somewhere on the map. They have maps, but they are supposed to figure out where they are with help of the terrain etc. However, there is a "cheat" (a game feature) that can be used, and I wonder if there is a possibility to disable it.

That is, if in a multiplayer game, the leader can order a "Move To" command by selecting the players and then clicking somewhere on the map (setting a waypoint for the group). The group immediately gets a waypoint marker and the current distance. By doing that a couple of times the group can soon figure out where on the map they are, and that is what I want to prohibit in this very mission. Does anyone have a solution to this one?

@Engima

I really hate this feature (cheat) since OFP

Maybe some day...BIS will fix this problem :j:

I'm not sure this would work or be suitable but when the map is opened have it deselect any selected units and repeat it every time a button is pressed.

That should prevent most orders being given when the map is open.

save as init.sqf

waitUntil {!isNull(findDisplay 46)}; 

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown","null=[_this select 1] execvm 'mapclick.sqf'"];

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["MouseButtonDown","null=[_this select 1] execvm 'mapclik.sqf'"];

save as mapclick.sqf

sleep 0.001;
if ( !visibleMap) exitwith {};
{
	player groupSelectUnit [_x,false]; 
  		 } foreach units group player;

It may not work 100% and not tested in MP.

Thanks for all replies!

Buliwyf, I have thought about that, but that would give me other problems.

Giallustio, That doesn'h help. At least Veteran is the same.

F2k, that sounds very promising, I'll try something like that!