Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Zodiac released

I am just a newsmaker and just trying to help people who visit our site. Why should they do 20 clicks to find the some addon at some page when they can get it just by doing one click? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ June 10 2002,11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just a newsmaker and just trying to help people who visit our site. Why should they do 20 clicks to find the some addon at some page when they can get it just by doing one click?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is a different question, not about copyright.

I don't know if someone makes a file free and public and you do not have to register to obtain it, if the file owner can legally enforce that the file not be hosted elsewhere when fully notice and acknowledgement is given to credit the owner.

If I understand copyright law correctly, non-official addons made for an existing (copyrighted) game which are distributed free of charge are not covered by copyright law.

But I could be wrong. tounge.gif

2 Avon Lady

Well that's exactly my point! I understand that people want to generate more hits for their web-site, but why do it at the expense of the people they made that addon for in a first place? confused.gif

Antichrist..

meh from NZ aswell =) aucklank =tounge.gif

i do model stuffz aswell =_)

hey ya hellToupee

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just a newsmaker and just trying to help people who visit our site. Why should they do 20 clicks to find the some addon at some page when they can get it just by doing one click? <span id='postcolor'>

Its called bandwidth hijacking. STS altered his post as soon as he new what was wrong. See this thread for an explanation

Bandwidth Hijacking why it is wrong

Regards walker smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just a newsmaker and just trying to help people who visit our site. Why should they do 20 clicks to find the some addon at some page when they can get it just by doing one click?<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry if having people directed to my site annoys some of you. The idea of me creating a site at DC-3D was to have people visit, see what I am doing and download some models. What harm is there in that.

Free to the community does not mean that I have to give up my rights as a model maker. Yes the tools belong to BIS, but the work I create belongs to me. The only thing I cannot do is sell the models. I think a lot of people forget that there is a lot of time and effort (unpaid) that goes into model making. I have no problems if people want to link to my pages. And I do know that you give the proper credit.

As to the zodiac. It was just a little thing I was messing about with one afternoon. The addon does have some problems that I am currently working through. The main one is that zodiacs have very shallow draft. OFP doesn't support boats with shallow drafts very well. In the sub I had to cut the hull off at the water line. Several other boats I'm building will have to be treated the same.

The dry land bounce has been resolved by using a landcontact lod. But that creates another problem with the craft sitting too high when on the beach. When I lower the landcontact the boat fills with water. However I am working on the problem and will keep you posted.

Cheers 8)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ June 12 2002,12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just a newsmaker and just trying to help people who visit our site. Why should they do 20 clicks to find the some addon at some page when they can get it just by doing one click?<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry if having people directed to my site annoys some of you. The idea of me creating a site at DC-3D was to have people visit, see what I am doing and download some models. What harm is there in that.<span id='postcolor'>

Harm? None. However, it's also to your benefit to increase the number of fan sites mirroring your addon. All you have to do is to stipulate that they can do so as long as you're fully credited and they provide a hyperlink to your site.

To make sure the message gets across, you should also include a README file with your addons that mentions you and provides links therein to further promote your site.

You'll get plenty of credit, publicity and visitors by doing these.

Oh, and thanks for the nice work. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Harm? None. However, it's also to your benefit to increase the number of fan sites mirroring your addon. All you have to do is to stipulate that they can do so as long as you're fully credited and they provide a hyperlink to your site.

To make sure the message gets across, you should also include a README file with your addons that mentions you and provides links therein to further promote your site.

You'll get plenty of credit, publicity and visitors by doing these.

<span id='postcolor'>

True True. Anyway I've come to the conclusion that I could spend more time modelling than worrying about what goes where. This posting stuff is relatively new to me. You are right, AvonLady

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, and thanks for the nice work. <span id='postcolor'>

No problem. I only wish I could understand Czech so that I can get things working exactly right.

BTW I bet you are 10 times better looking than Werner biggrin.gif

Cheers 8)

Klink

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ June 13 2002,13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW I bet you are 10 times better looking than Werner<span id='postcolor'>

/me puts klink on blacklist for insult

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Colonel_Klink @ June 13 2002,14:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope I'm the only one on your blacklist.<span id='postcolor'>

You and Randy Constan.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 13 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please dont spam in this topic too avonlady<span id='postcolor'>

Stop spamming solid!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 13 2002,13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 13 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please dont spam in this topic too avonlady<span id='postcolor'>

Stop spamming solid!<span id='postcolor'>

Top spamming Espectro! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 13 2002,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 13 2002,13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 13 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please dont spam in this topic too avonlady<span id='postcolor'>

Top spamming Espectro! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Spam is bad, m'kay!

mackey.gif

Any of you kiwis coming to Hamilton anytime soon?

Anyway we're havin' a party this Friday

Flat 2, 53 Aberfoyle Street, Hamilton

U're all welcome!! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 13 2002,14:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shabadu @ June 13 2002,14wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ June 13 2002,13:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 13 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please dont spam in this topic too avonlady<span id='postcolor'>

Top spamming Espectro! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Spam is bad, m'kay!

mackey.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LoL southpark Rulezz!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ June 13 2002,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please dont spam in this topic too avonlady<span id='postcolor'>

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HIJACKED!

hijack.jpg

Antichrist ....

i cant =( have no way to get there hehehe =(

oh you are a modmaker =:s ... i must send in that thing i got sent aswell =biggrin.gif been a little lazy in walking up the road to send it lol... oh well =biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any of you kiwis coming to Hamilton anytime soon?

Anyway we're havin' a party this Friday

<span id='postcolor'>

I'd come up mate but its a bit expensive bringing my zx300 across the strait.

Thanx for the invite.

Cheers 8)