blakeace

Blake's Trim Indicator

Blake's Trim Indicator Version 0.2 alpha

blakestrimindicator.jpg

Requirements

TOH version of CBA.

History

0.2a

Added colour indicator when trim items are zero(Blue).

Added Indicator displayed when watch is displayed.

Introduction

After reading about this Idea here I thought yes I would really like that. So I created one for myself.

Hopefully there will be an official one in the future where you can setup it's position like the gps etc, but it is better than nothing.

Features

Displays a small image at the bottom of the screen showing the current trim positions, whenever the values are altered when using manual trim adjustment.

The display will slowly fade away when no adjustments are adjusted.

Download

download2_2.png

Community Base Addons

https://rapidshare.com/files/3811106411/Blakes_Trim_Indicator_v0_2a.rar

Edited by blakeace

Thanks for the great job and implication :cool:

Nice one - will try this once the kids go back to school tomorrow!

EDIT ---->

Had a quick go, and a couple of things spring to mind...

1. Ability to bind 'show trim' to a hot key.

2. If you can do number 1 then it would be good if the indicator was a different colour when centred.

Nice addon though.

Edited by Jedra

Updated see first post for download

Cheers, I'm glad you like it. Been a busy holidays, but I played around with your ideas Jedra.

Dots will now change colour when centred.

I piggy backed the watch display to also display the trim. I didn't want to clutter the action menu and thought this is probably easier and more convient overall.

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately I can't get the new version to work. The indicator does not display when trim is applied or when the watch is displayed. I switched back to the previous version and this works OK.

There has been a new version of TOH_CBA in the last couple of days (alpha 3). So maybe this has had some kind of undesired effect on your mod?

I am running at 2560x1600 with a very small interface size - the old indicator displays OK in this configuration, but I know that sometimes UI elements may be affected by resolution and interface size.

Any ideas?

EDIT ----> Your other addons seem to still work OK.

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately I can't get the new version to work. The indicator does not display when trim is applied or when the watch is displayed. I switched back to the previous version and this works OK.

There has been a new version of TOH_CBA in the last couple of days (alpha 3). So maybe this has had some kind of undesired effect on your mod?

I am running at 2560x1600 with a very small interface size - the old indicator displays OK in this configuration, but I know that sometimes UI elements may be affected by resolution and interface size.

Any ideas?

EDIT ----> Your other addons seem to still work OK.

Hmm, I just updated CBA, via six updater to check and it is still ok my end.

My only initial thought is if you are using auto trim by default? That's about the only change I can think of that I made. In the orginal version I just suspended displaying the indicator if auto trim was on. In this version I thought it was more appropriate to just terminate the code rather than consume resources when it is not needed.

The other modifications were very minor and I can't see how they could really affect anything being machines.

I'll upload a version with the auto trim check commented out to see if that is the culprit for you.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2266075406/Blakes_Trim_Indicator_v0_2a_special_atc_removed.rar

Hmm, I just updated CBA, via six updater to check and it is still ok my end.

My only initial thought is if you are using auto trim by default? That's about the only change I can think of that I made. In the orginal version I just suspended displaying the indicator if auto trim was on. In this version I thought it was more appropriate to just terminate the code rather than consume resources when it is not needed.

The other modifications were very minor and I can't see how they could really affect anything being machines.

That was the culprit - it works OK now.

I play in trainee mode, but with all the difficulties set as expert (including auto-trim set to off). I do this so that I can display waypoint information as by default expert does not let you change this. I like flying in expert but I hate not knowing where I am going!!

Anyway, thanks for this - the blue dot makes it easier to see when trims are set to zeroes.

In expert you can display the waypoint by pressing the journal key. Or by making a personal waypoint on the map by holding shift and pressing left clic on the map.

In expert you can display the waypoint by pressing the journal key. Or by making a personal waypoint on the map by holding shift and pressing left clic on the map.

True, and this is what I have to do when a mission forces me into expert. However, it only stays for a few seconds! I keep forgetting about the waypointing system though so thanks for reminding me!

That was the culprit - it works OK now.

I play in trainee mode, but with all the difficulties set as expert (including auto-trim set to off). I do this so that I can display waypoint information as by default expert does not let you change this. I like flying in expert but I hate not knowing where I am going!!

Anyway, thanks for this - the blue dot makes it easier to see when trims are set to zeroes.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I'll have to have a think about how to determine if to terminate it or not.

This is all I commented out.

if (isAutoTrimOnRtd (vehicle player)) exitWith {};	

I'm wondering if you play on a setting which by default is set to autotrim, but you have it disabled in the options, if it starts still enbled, and disabled during mission startup, where my code is running prior to that?

Ok there is a command enableAutoTrimRTD I bet that's why.

Alright I'll have a think about the best way around it. I don't like leaving things unpolished as much as I can help it :ups:

I'm wondering if you play on a setting which by default is set to autotrim, but you have it disabled in the options, if it starts still enbled, and disabled during mission startup, where my code is running prior to that?

Ok there is a command enableAutoTrimRTD I bet that's why.

Alright I'll have a think about the best way around it. I don't like leaving things unpolished as much as I can help it :ups:

Well, it's probably just me that plays in this arse about face way, so other than to satisfy the 'programmer's curiosity' then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Looks like you've had your hands full with P.I.N.S so thanks for taking the time looking at this!

Well, it's probably just me that plays in this arse about face way, so other than to satisfy the 'programmer's curiosity' then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Looks like you've had your hands full with P.I.N.S so thanks for taking the time looking at this!

You'd be surprised I imagine.

That's been going for quite a while, I just peck away at it when I have the time. I probably use TOH more these days anyway :)

Your welcome, and thank you for the feedback :)