Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

[Solved] Converting OFP model - Bulldozer works, ingame CTD

I'm using a simple building object from OFP and I have it in new MLOD format. When I view it in bulldozer (even Visitor as part of island) it works perfectly - even textures are fine.

When I make a pbo (binarized or not) the game crashes as soon as I set my eyes on that building. It appears all white for a second then CTD. Any clues at what I should be focusing first to fix it?

:eek:

kind of hard to have a building with bones defined, don't you think?

Edited by PuFu

kind of hard to have a buildings with bones defined, don't you think?

Maybe there's a suprise under the patio :eek:

LOL! When you see models without boxes and bones :D! LOL

Thanks guys for a right answer (textures format) and a good laugh :)

All animated buildings have 'bones'... no 'bones'... no animation.

Yes - right!

don't want to sound offensive or anything alike, but how many of the OFP buildings have defined anims?

let me rephrase the quoted post for you, might have come out wrong:

what is the chance to have an OFP building with bones defined...

I am well aware of how to define an animation btw, building or otherwise.

Edited by PuFu

Ah, yeah... we're talking an OFP building eh... true... sorry, you meant 'kind of hard for an OFP building to have bones defined'.

Misunderstood your post.

Ah, yeah... we're talking an OFP building eh... true... sorry, you meant 'kind of hard for an OFP building to have bones defined'.

Misunderstood your post.

no worries

PuFu you can make a model :)?

no dude, i can't, i am talking out of my ass, just like you...:rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Everything works now. One more question: Ladders. I have a ladder two points defined in memory lod. Even have a config with Land_xxx class and ladders defined in there with start and end. But ladder doesn't appear there and there is no option to climb.

Also another strange thing: proxy objects that I have defined in original p3d show up normally in Bulldozer (Visitor3 map) but not in game. What the...

Everything works now. One more question: Ladders. I have a ladder two points defined in memory lod. Even have a config with Land_xxx class and ladders defined in there with start and end. But ladder doesn't appear there and there is no option to climb.

Do you have 'class=house' LoD property in your GeoLoD?

Btw, the cause of 'backwards operating' ladders is due to a dodgy GeoLoD if you happen to be suffering from that at all when you actually do get your ladder working.

The GeoLoD must be 'convex', be 'componentized', 'closed' and have that LoDProp + your other stuff you've already stated you've sorted so you should be good-to-go.

Got that class=house tip earlier today, will try that tonight. Another night bites the dust ;)

Oh, if you're a bit particular about things I can try and dredge up some old measurements for ladder rungs, ladder length's & start/end point placements so the character ladder climbing anim sorta matches the ladder.

They weren't perfect but a bit better than most I've seen.

Tested class=house, map=house, ladder still doesn't work. But proxies work yeey :)

About ladder, you make this good is Duala island, place lader near house!

Tested class=house, map=house, ladder still doesn't work. But proxies work yeey :)

Hmmm, well don't remove class=house from the GeoLoD 'cause it'll definetly never work if it's not there.

Let's tick this off eh?

1. You have a Land_####### class in CfgVehicles with the ladders[]={ {"start1","end1"} };

2. You have points in your MemLoD in your model called 'start1' and 'end1'.

3. Your GeoLoD has the LoDProp 'class=house'.

4. Your GeoLoD has had 'Structure>Topology>Find Components' run on it.

5. Your GeoLoD has had 'Structure>Convexity>Find Non-Convexity' run on it.

6. Your GeoLoD has Mass.

Btw, Your MemLoD start/end point names can be anything you like just as long as they match with what you have in the config.cpp.

At the absolute bare minimum you need a MemLoD, GeoLoD & Roadway. The Roadway LoD is so when the character gets off the ladder at the top they have something to walk on. Techinically you don't need Res LoD's for the ladder to work but it'll look strange if the character is climbing an invisible ladder.

You don't need poly's in the GeoLoD for the actual ladder just the main structure of the building. Oh, and what's your building inheriting from in your config? That's of course if you have it inheriting from anything...

Edited by Synide

Thanks for the "todo" list Synide, really great. I've rechecked, everything is as you've said. Its inheriting House class that is basically:

class HouseBase;

class House: HouseBase

{

class DestructionEffects;

};

Will try again if it works now, recompiled the island.

Edited by IceBreakr

Maybe wrong because I'm not good config but have you not disabled the ladder class by only inheriting destruction effects ?

Why not inherit from class house;

You only need to inherit that I see you typed way if your own house has class destructioneffects : destructioneffects ?

Just a thought also ,the viewgeometry or geometry can sometimes hide these points grr I had it other day

That config would inherit everything in houseBase and then he mentions DestructionEffects. Everything in houseBase should still be in House I think.