Sign in to follow this  
-gonzo-

ECP problem

Hi everybody,

I have Installed ECP 1.085 and it worked fine at first. Then after a few months i got a strange error message on startup! I just get an error message stating:

No entry 'config.bin.cfgaddons'.

Normal Resistance then starts up, but it gives me all sorts of error messages and bugs, for example: when i open the editor i get messages stating it can't find standard OFP objects and when i put myself in the editor, my soldier can only crawl and doesent respond to my commands.

I hope that someone has any idea what this could be! :confused:

Thanking you in advance,

-Gonzo-

I have Reinstalled it, but it still gives me the message. It works fine with just one modfolder, but when i add more it doesent. :confused:

You can add many mod folders. However there can be only one Config!

Also some addons can conflict with each other...

Hope this helps, Icarus ;)

Thx for reply!! i know about conflicting issues but i played with everything a while ago and i didnt get any errors. But suddenly its there :confused:

How exactly can a config get screwed by adding a few addons, i've only began using modfolders since a few months, before that i put everything in Res\addons, wich was ulimatly 5 GB :eek:

It worked fine then (bit slow sometimes :p ) hell, it worked fine last week but his began suddenly. are there any limits to what i can add, for example my ORCS folder is 399 MB, and my map folders are at least 200 MB. i have been adding a few addons since then, but nothing too special :P

Thanks ! greetings,

-GONZO-

OK... i've checked my modfolders for loose configs and such, but it still isn't working! any ideas? I really don't understand what the problem is, i have just purchased a brand new Flashpoint, installed it but it still gives me the error. It's strange, because when i play normal resistance with ECP it works fine, and when I add an EMPTY modfolder to my list, it gives the 'No entry 'config.bin.cfgaddons'.' again. i didnt add anything, and it doesent work??!!!!

Edited by -Gonzo-

how can there be conflicting addons or configs when there is nothing added?!

Check that :

-before re-installing ECP, you delete if it exists the @ECP folder inside your OFP/CWA directory , so it re-installs cleanly.

-make sure when re-installing that you're using

ECP v1.085 (Full Installer).exe

The one you get by example from that OFP.info link

Install with disabling any option of the installer.

- once re-installed , check in your OFP/CWA directory that the ECP mod folder is named -exactly-

@ECP

And not named anything else, some mods need their mod folder name to stay exactly what they are by default, changing them would break the mod.

- The full install of the ECP mod has the whole @ECP mod folder being roughly 170 mo, check that it is the case

-The @ECP folder have a subfolder named

bin

and inside of it, the following files are all there.

nFqsp.jpg

-Use an OFP/CWA shortcut with

-nosplash -mod=@ECP

command lines added to its target line

Does it work ?

If it works, now get the ECP patch 1.085e :

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/ECP_Patch;70121

The patch is just the file named ECP_Effects.pbo

that youwill replace with the original one from @ECP\Addons\

And finally, go to @ECP\bin\ and open the config.cpp with a text editor.

somewhere near the start of that file,

Replace

// PBO release path
#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]"

by

// PBO release path
#define ECP_FOUNTAIN_EH_INIT "IF (format[{%1},ECP_path] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}) THEN {ECP_path = {\ECP_Effects\}};if ((typeof (_this select 0)) in [{Fountain},{FountainNew}]) then {_this exec format[{%1fountain\ext_fount_init.sqs},ECP_path]}"

to fix a bug related to the fountains.

Save the changes, make sure your file is always named config.cpp and not config.cpp.txt or something like that.

In case you're interested in making missions with ECP, be sure to check this , as there are some little editing workaround for some problem with ECP when you're mission scripting

Edited by Sanctuary

Allright, i finally got ECP working just fine. But in the end, the problem was when i put my mod folders like this: @ECP;@RHS;@DKM;@HYK etc, i would crash, but whenever i do it this way; -mod=@RHS -mod=@DKM -mod=HYK , it works fine... very strange.

Now i had something else. instead of starting a new thread i thought it would be better if i did it here, you see i'm trying to add the BD grenadepack eventhandler to units in their config file. but i think i'm messing up, because when i want to play it now states the following;

Config: off_grom\config.cpp/cfgvehicles/OFF_SF1_BASE/eventhandlers.: 't' encountered instead of ']'

Flashpoint doesent launch. this is the way i did it in the config:

class EventHandlers

{

Init = "_this exec ""\Off_GROM\scr\Ejon.sqs"""; [this,0] exec "\BD_GrenadePack\AddNewUnit.sqs"

I hope somebody can explain what i'm doing wrong. i really like those grenades and i may want to add them to other units.

thanking you in advance,

-Gonzo-