Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Where are they now?

OK, how many of these "coming soon" or "screenshots available" addons ever really turn up?

See some examples below:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M|N|0N @ May 04 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok i did this earlier in the week,

it will be finished up some time after mid may, sorry but i am busy and meh texture artist is aswell. so you have to wait ... but i thought i would pimp this now to you all, because a few ppl are asking for it to be made ....

so here it is

it is a Harrier GR-7

Click on thumbs for larger pic

harrier-small-1.jpgharrier-small-2.jpg

harrier-small-3.jpgharrier-small-4.jpg

forgot to mention, plz dont ask me to join ya mods or anything plz ... i no longer do mod work realy...thnx

M|N|0N<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkhawk @ May 21 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">brdm2_0.jpg

I know I have to fix some spots up and texture it but over all how dose it look?

Also I am working on the:

SA-9 Gaskin

BRDM ATGW

One with a machine gun on the top

and one with a turret

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ June 03 2002,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This just in:  On a routine patrol in the North of Everon, this photo was taken of a large transport plane making test landings on the Everon Airport.  The plane, never before seen on the island, was later seen unloading pallets marked BIS, and local sources say may contain copies of BIS' upcoming Resistance.   More as this story unfolds.

AnLanding5.JPG

An-Taxi2.JPG

Konyak<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ June 05 2002,03:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">See, I'm sure alot of people have seen this by now but for those who havent here are some of the pics.

The guys on the side also look like Delta Force because they are wearing those black hockey helmets.

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot3.jpg

Screenshot6.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg

Those are from Talesofwar made by a guy named Kace and there are some more pics there. It also says its about 2 months away from being finished.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkhawk @ June 03 2002,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">mlrs2.jpg

its almost done just have to finish up on some areas then texture it and export it smile.gif

Also if anyone has any ideas of how the aiming system should work for this in OFP post it here.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 20 2002,15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As just post on this OFP NG thread:

c130b2.jpg

c130b1.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ April 27 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok i dont know if i am allowed to post this pic but i will do it.

This is a Cargo Plane made by Eviscerator

cargoplane.jpg

Eviscerator reply plz<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ April 20 2002,20:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here´s a plane I modeled that I've been in love with for a long time, and is perfect for these islands. It´s made in Switzerland and is operated by many armies around the world.

PorterFrontSide.jpg

Isn't that a brute of a plane? It's by far the most rugged bush operation plane you'll come across and can be fitted with skiis and floats very easily, plus it´s huge wheels make it able to land on inclines, and rough terrain.

PorterRear.jpg

PorterFront.jpg

PorterNose.jpg

And one picture of the real thing and a glimpse of the texture that would suit OFP:

pc6_barwon_1.jpg

Polygons, about 1100 - 1200 at the most. Target polys around 950.

From a military site overviewing the Porter:

The PC-6 is a single-engined multipurpose utility aircraft with STOL characteristics, permitting operation from unprepared strips under harsh environmental and terrain conditions. It can be converted rapidly from a freighter to a passenger transport and adapted for a great number of missions, including supply dropping, search and rescue, ambulance, aerial survey and photography, parachuting, crop spraying, water bombing, rainmaking and glider or target towing. The PC-6 can operate from soft ground, snow, glacier or water.

The first piston-engined prototype made its first flight 4 May 1959. The B2 can be fitted with an air inlet filter for operation in desert conditions and for agricultural applications. A total of more than 520 PC-6 aircraft has been built.

Required runway: Takeoff: 110 meters. Landing 73 meters.

It can carry up to 10 people, but usually carries 8 parachuters.

Konyak<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ April 04 2002,20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mortarwee.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ Mar. 22 2002,03:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stetchkin-2.jpg

Stetchkin APS...

KEDR.jpg

KEDR...

M79-Rendered.jpg

M79...

M40-1.jpg

And an M40A1 Sniper Rifle.<span id='postcolor'>

Great thread, Fubar, cause I've been wondering the exact same thing. People promise all kinds of stuff and just can't seem to actually release it.

Yeah me too...I think Minion is making a *little* bit too much excuses for his Harrier. sad.gif

But i think the others are still under construction. smile.gif

Right now I am still waiting to recive O2 (I have done everything and they said they are sending me info on how to get it) and second Vixer is finishing his M730A2 and the after that he will import my MLRS.

and Eviscerator is still going full steam ahead on the mod Tales of war and he is just waiting for O2 as well

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkhawk @ June 06 2002,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right now I am still waiting to recive O2 (I have done everything and they said they are sending me info on how to get it) and second Vixer is finishing his M730A2 and the after that he will import my MLRS.<span id='postcolor'>

Read here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=13386

IF you have access to the Breathe Forums.

In my own case, WFO. (Waiting For Oxygen).

I'm using the time to get to grips with the esoteric joys of the Config.cpp

Paracetamol, anyone?

I can't believe how much people bitched and moaned about Oxygen...and since it's been out, what have we seen? Kegety's hawk...and ?

Try harder people!

How long does it take, I mean really...I don't model, it's true, but I'm sick and tired of people showing us ingame screenshots and then...NOTHING!

And don't give me this "oh I'm part of a mod team so I can't release anything until the whole mod is completed" bullshit...you people are just lazy or incompetent!

...OK, that's a bit too much, sorry, but what the f**k are people with Oxygen doing? Shit, I'd settle for some half decent p3d edits right about now.

im making the M730A2 from fryday totaly in oxygen im working very hard on it to get it done ask hawk, solidsnake they all know that i work ery hard on it (i even dont go to school just to work on it!wink.gif

i swear, if i had oxy, i will work like mad on it, it would be my whole life. Its just damn BIS's fault. mad.gif

They said they would give it to me in March. I sent the agreement, but i never got any login instructions. Now its been 3 months and no replies to my emails. confused.gif

If only i had it....I really put my whole mind to something when i do it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 06 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i swear, if i had oxy, i will work like mad on it, it would be my whole life. Its just damn BIS's fault. mad.gif

They said they would give it to me in March. I sent the agreement, but i never got any login instructions. Now its been 3 months and no replies to my emails. confused.gif

If only i had it....I really put my whole mind to something when i do it.<span id='postcolor'>

Just out of curiosity.. What addons would you do if you had oxygen?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 06 2002,15:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i swear, if i had oxy, i will work like mad on it, it would be my whole life. Its just damn BIS's fault. mad.gif

If only i had it....I really put my whole mind to something when i do it.<span id='postcolor'>

aren't you the guy constanty stealing other people's work?

Yes he is. He steals 3d models from websites. Eg. that F-16, the bus and all the other highpoly models.

On his site he even uses a bitmap that he ripped from nvidia's site tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 06 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try harder people!<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed.

yeah this is bull... These addons are looking great, but you won't release them!!! Come on! If you want a beta test, give it to us at very early stages, then progress on by giving us better and better versions.

Heres' the strategy, you give out a early beta of your addon, people download it to give it a try. Then you release another beta of the addon, and the same people plus more that just got interested, will download the addon. This will increase traffic to the host, and will gain more and more intrest.

You aren't going to have the first release perfect, JUST REALIZE THAT!!! People will test and give feedback, just accept that fact, and more and more people will be less afraid to release addons early on. MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ITS BETA, and people won't complain how much the release version sucks, tell them that it isn't perfect and that you are aware.

I WANT MY TOYS AND I WANT THEM NOW! AND IF YOU DONT GIVE ME THEM RIGHT NOW! I'LL CRY AND CRY TILL I MAKE MYSELF SICK!

Uhm do you think I got that right? Good imitation or not? Grow up kidykins.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I, personally would enjoy the fact of a brand new addon unvailed from the blue. Without any warning, the greatest addon ever (whatever that would be - that's for another thread), would be released to the OFP community, and no-one would complaing about wanting it beforehand, 'cause they weren't aware of it's existance in the first place! But who am I kidding, is it some urge for every modmaker to tease the players by showing those pics and shit?