Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Where are they now?

WarriorX thats a very good point. Addon makers have not realize how much interest has been lost since the first unveiling of screenshots. This is common sense guys. You show a screenshot, everyone wows at it and wants it BADLY. Then release takes forever, and people start talking about it less and less. And when this final version comes out like a month later, it usually aways sucks because this addon maker did not have any type of beta whatsoever. SO what he thought was a good idea, many other people thought it was a terrible idea. And do you know what that leaves the addon maker with? A ton of people that will never download that addon ever again even with newer versions.

Haven't you noticed how that almost every addon that has came out has had different versions following it? Why not have a early beta, and one final??? Its easy as that.

Theres my 2 cents.

maybe i can do that with my M730A2, but first it has to be done to a point where he is useable smile.gif

Unless I am very much mistaken, Kegetys and GFX707 are the only proven reliable Oxygen modders...and (take note you others) they usually just release their addons (or a beta version) without 2 months of advertising it first. Hats off to these guys, and the other proven p3d modders (FlipeR, Eviscerator etc.)

Two great addons that are already out:

0607200212335664.jpg

M4A1 Silenced carbine with C-mag and M203, by FlipeR

HK PSG-1-SD addon, by DKM-Mod

The modelling on these weapons is just beautiful...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 07 2002,18:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unless I am very much mistaken, Kegetys and GFX707 are the only proven reliable Oxygen modders...and (take note you others) they usually just release their addons (or a beta version) without 2 months of advertising it first. Hats off to these guys, and the other proven p3d modders (FlipeR, Eviscerator etc.)<span id='postcolor'>

Both Flipper and Capt. Moore (Adammo) have made pretty good Oxygen made MODS. For example Adammo's FBI units are very high quality aside from a few slight problems with the Spas-12 shotgun. The BIS made howitzer that he modified into a working anti-tank gun (using Oxygen) was pretty good as well. Also I'm not sure who the individual modders are but the Desert Storm MOD crew have been making some very cool Oxygen made rifles like the AWP sniper rifle.

Then DKM released that FN-FAL rifle addon made with Oxygen that was damn good (one of my favorite rifle addons).

Now I'm just waiting for a good SA-80, a SKS, and a Oxygen produced WWII weapons pack (cuz Marcel's, while a good beginning, have a lot of problems with un-modded blocks). The only complete ones that I've seen was the MG-42 which is pretty good.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 08 2002,05:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Desert Storm MOD crew have been making some very cool Oxygen made rifles like the AWP sniper rifle.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

have you ever heard of Counter strike ? its models and skins ? , for the moment , the biggest part of the weapons they released was from CS

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ June 08 2002,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ June 08 2002,05:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Desert Storm MOD crew have been making some very cool Oxygen made rifles like the AWP sniper rifle.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

have you ever heard of Counter strike ? its models and skins ? , for the moment , the biggest part of the weapons they released was from CS<span id='postcolor'>

Is that known for a fact? It wouldn't surprise me if they would look very similar considering that they are modeling the same weapons and that they should look very similar. It would be interseting to see some screen shot comparisons proving that they copied the CS models. At any rate, nonetheless, the addons are good ones. But if they copied them they should give credit to the original creators.

At least they removed Flipper's scope from the AWP sniper rifle.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If mod makers would spend half their time working instead of on the forums convincing everybody they are cool. They'd be dangerous. I know it takes time, but why post a screenshot if it's nowhere near being done other than to get attention. You could say it's to let people know the progress of what your working on. But why would I need to know what you are working on? Do you really think your that important that people come home from work just to see what whats his name is working on?

It's just a tease. This whole thing about the less you tell them the more they will enjoy it is false. I've all but lost interest in any cargo plane or any other great mod. Either put up or shut up

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's just a tease<span id='postcolor'>

and bis?

they also show pictures of resistance and stuff so we can look at it and want it same with the addons from modmakers

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ June 06 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah this is bull... These addons are looking great, but you won't release them!!! Come on! If you want a beta test, give it to us at very early stages, then progress on by giving us better and better versions.

Heres' the strategy, you give out a early beta of your addon, people download it to give it a try. Then you release another beta of the addon, and the same people plus more that just got interested, will download the addon. This will increase traffic to the host, and will gain more and more intrest.

You aren't going to have the first release perfect, JUST REALIZE THAT!!! People will test and give feedback, just accept that fact, and more and more people will be less afraid to release addons early on. MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ITS BETA, and people won't complain how much the release version sucks, tell them that it isn't perfect and that you are aware.<span id='postcolor'>

I would love to release a beta but BIS will not give me the tools to export it sad.gif

I would release the Brdm-2 and the MLRS with in a week of getting O2. biggrin.gif

What happend to Eviscerator he had a lot of models and was just waiting for O2. Havent seen a post here from him in a long time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ June 09 2002,09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's just a tease<span id='postcolor'>

and bis?

they also show pictures of resistance and stuff so we can look at it and want it same with the addons from modmakers

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh don't get me started on BIS, they're worst than Britney Spears in a whipped cream bikini biggrin.gif  But at least with BIS I know that there is a very good chance I could actually see their product before the next ice age  wink.gif What about Independence Lost? Hmm is it possible to touche yourself?

Independance Lost? Forget it. You'll probably have to wait about a gabazillion more years for it. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Darkhawk @ June 09 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ June 06 2002,19:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yeah this is bull... These addons are looking great, but you won't release them!!! Come on! If you want a beta test, give it to us at very early stages, then progress on by giving us better and better versions.

Heres' the strategy, you give out a early beta of your addon, people download it to give it a try. Then you release another beta of the addon, and the same people plus more that just got interested, will download the addon. This will increase traffic to the host, and will gain more and more intrest.

You aren't going to have the first release perfect, JUST REALIZE THAT!!! People will test and give feedback, just accept that fact, and more and more people will be less afraid to release addons early on. MAKE IT CLEAR THAT ITS BETA, and people won't complain how much the release version sucks, tell them that it isn't perfect and that you are aware.<span id='postcolor'>

I would love to release a beta but BIS will not give me the tools to export it sad.gif

I would release the Brdm-2 and the MLRS with in a week of getting O2. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dude, we're gonna hold you to that! smile.gif

Have you applied for O2?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ June 09 2002,22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Independance Lost? Forget it. You'll probably have to wait about a gabazillion more years for it.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why is that? From the screenshots it looked to be in it's advance stages of completion.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ok i'm giong to bump this. Even though this thread is very old, just about all of the addons have still not of been released. THis is crazy, BIS gave oxygen to many of the wrong people (i'm not saying all). these guys are just keeping their models to themselves and thats crazy

um....i just saw that you put that cargo plane thing there, i wish id never made it, its ugly as hell....anyway you might not have to wait so long to play with all the addons from Independance Lost, me and Vixer are making a pack of marine helicopters (AH-1W, UH-1N CH-46) all in marines colours(il colours) the uh-1 has started texturing(and coding) the ah-1w is ingame, but we wont be letting you see them until probably an hour or two before release....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ June 18 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but we wont be letting you see them until probably an hour or two before release....<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you!! Now I won't suffer from severe psychological disorders while awaiting the releases!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ June 17 2002,23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok i'm giong to bump this. Even though this thread is very old, just about all of the addons have still not of been released. THis is crazy, BIS gave oxygen to many of the wrong people (i'm not saying all). these guys are just keeping their models to themselves and thats crazy<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I see the MH-6 and AH-6 were included in Fubars list....

Many of the addons are to be released solely with the MODs they are designed for and we at Tales of War are releasing earlier so the general public can get a first hand look.......

We are not keeping all the models to ourselves but it is still up to us when we release them.

TOW Mod has already released several first class addons, like the Marine pack which is one of the best addons you can get out there.....