Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Why is ofp rated "m"?

It doesnt have any more blood than the R6 series, and there isnt a chunk of gore in the entire game. So whats with the mature rating?

Guest Titanium

Rated "M" for mature because a bunch of dip wad soccer moms and old guy who don't even know what technology is decided to get together and put their two cents in. Ratings are overblown, lots of them make no sense.

because of people like me who make sadistic nazi-like civilian extermination missions with about 100 civilians all in one spot, and you get variuous machine guns, 5 ton truck, mortars, and tanks to kill every one of them. And when you are done there are tons of bodies all over.. I had a screenshot somewhere of one of these I made with an apache.

BEFORE!!!!!!!

massa.jpg

AFTER!!!!

massb.jpg

Hahahaha that one isnt with that many people but it makes me laugh.

maybe they respect the game so much they only want mature people to play it, as zulu demostrated the rating doesnt mean shit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ June 06 2002,04:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BEFORE!!!!!!!

massa.jpg

AFTER!!!!

massb.jpg

Hahahaha that one isnt with that many people but it makes me laugh.<span id='postcolor'>

OH THE HUMANITY!!

I guess they rated it M because of the carnage and blood....

Who really knows. Does it even matter? Why do twinkies stay good for 7 years?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ June 05 2002,09:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BEFORE!!!!!!!

massa.jpg

AFTER!!!!

massb.jpg

Hahahaha that one isnt with that many people but it makes me laugh.<span id='postcolor'>

what map is that, desert malden?

what blood? theres that spray when you shoot someone, but you never see a drop on the ground. Not one. No hearts, no livers, no intestines, nothing! And of course, no blood. I for one think that if vehicles can have that blast mark on the ground where they explode, soldiers should have a bloody pool on the ground when they hit the dirt.

See, you've been desensitised by games like SOF smile.gif I don't know about you, but there is gore, not pools of blood, but when you come across a truck that got hit by something big and the driver is halfway through the windshield with his face missing, that's pretty gory IMHO.

OFP is a mature game that portrays warfare and why not rate it? Doesn't effect me. I don't look at the rating of a movie/video game. I would if I was a parent. I would never let my children play games like SOF and GFA until they are old enough (16ish).

COLINMAN

call me a sadist, but i still wanna see some chunks when my satchel charge goes off with a squad right by it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ June 06 2002,04:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what map is that, desert malden?<span id='postcolor'>

No, its Desert Everon V2.....

and yes MRDZulu twinkies stay good for 5-7 years on a shelf, or at least what the legend says.

I guess it might be the blood on the bodys? confused.gif I kinda dont like that rating, all though i guess its the puff of blood that comes out.I would rate it Teen.

its just bearly more that the R6 series. In Rogue spear, you can shoot someone in the eye which puts a bloody bullet hole texture over their eye and makes it look like you blew out the socket. AND, theres exit wounds. That, to me, is a bit worse than OFP. In OFP, all the textures all look the same.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 06 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its just bearly more that the R6 series. In Rogue spear, you can shoot someone in the eye which puts a bloody bullet hole texture over their eye and makes it look like you blew out the socket. AND, theres exit wounds. That, to me, is a bit worse than OFP. In OFP, all the textures all look the same.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe its because you can shoot civilians?confused.gifconfused.gif just a total guess here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and yes MRDZulu twinkies stay good for 5-7 years on a shelf, or at least what the legend says.<span id='postcolor'>

Jester983...

It's just a rumour smile.gif  They showed how Twinkies were made on a TLC or Discovery special one night. And according to the production manager at Hostess, the time from a Twinkie being baked until it has to be discarded because oit's about to go stale is three weeks.  There are date codes on the packages. smile.gif

On topic, I suspect it's for mature situations. Now I am not saying that R6 deserves anything less than M, but by some arcane standard, OFP is more mature. Does it make sense? Not really smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ June 05 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 06 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its just bearly more that the R6 series. In Rogue spear, you can shoot someone in the eye which puts a bloody bullet hole texture over their eye and makes it look like you blew out the socket. AND, theres exit wounds. That, to me, is a bit worse than OFP. In OFP, all the textures all look the same.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe its because you can shoot civilians?confused.gif  confused.gif  just a total guess here.<span id='postcolor'>

the R6 series had civillians in it too though.

I think OFP`s rated "m" because of it`s atmosphere. It can be really scary and shocking, espacially when you are on your own... in the woods... in the night...

Too much for many children. They couldn`t handle the movement-controls anyway tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 06 2002,04:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">See, you've been desensitised by games like SOF smile.gif I don't know about you, but there is gore, not pools of blood, but when you come across a truck that got hit by something big and the driver is halfway through the windshield with his face missing, that's pretty gory IMHO.<span id='postcolor'>

Dont forget Halfway through the door or roof

maybe the term "meathead" was felt to be degrading to koslowski

Its probably rated Mature because it has any sorts of blood in it. Any game that shows some "Juice" in it, is rated M now because parents are too dumb that they blame Media for there kids violence then themselves. Look at Medal Of Honor that game is extremly in your face violence but because it has no blood, it got a comfortable Teen Rating.

God Bless Bad Parents mad.gif

MOHAA you can easily install a bloodpatch tho, i have one, messy.

Arent there a copule of swear words in OFP during the campaign? Like "bastards" or something?

Tame i know, but i guess any swearing means it should be mature.

"Bastard" is technically not a swear word, perhaps it was the scene where Angelina told Guba to "stick your mangy fucking scud up your arse"..........or perhaps it was I that said that, not sure smile.gif

Anyways what does it matter that it's rated "M"? (or 15+ if it's the English version), I would guess that the only people concerned about it's rating are the ones that are technically too young to legally buy it themselves? confused.gif