Sign in to follow this  
iloveyanks

British army

The best thing about american forces is they tend not to give up. Texans are of course the worst offenders in regards to this we HATE to lose. Look at the Alamo Texas (which also included a large number of "Mexicans" not just whites) 183 men. Mexico 5000 men. Outcome 13 day stall on the mexican drive, 183 casualties for the Texas side( yes they all died) more 1000 dead for Mexico unknown number of wounded. So the point of this sad tirade is that while we may not be the best trained or equiped, we get pissed. and pissed goes for a #### of a lot in war. Your country pisses in our cherrios then well come get you, d*amned the civilians, d*amned the children we are going to kill you... unless a Democrat is in office, then we kindly finger your balls and make you feel good about yourself... look at Clinton

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Stinger on 10:58 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

The best thing about american forces is they tend not to give up. Texans are of course the worst offenders in regards to this we HATE to lose. Look at the Alamo Texas (which also included a large number of "Mexicans" not just whites) 183 men. Mexico 5000 men. Outcome 13 day stall on the mexican drive, 183 casualties for the Texas side( yes they all died) more 1000 dead for Mexico unknown number of wounded. So the point of this sad tirade is that while we may not be the best trained or equiped, we get pissed. and pissed goes for a #### of a lot in war. Your country pisses in our cherrios then well come get you, d*amned the civilians, d*amned the children we are going to kill you... unless a Democrat is in office, then we kindly finger your balls and make you feel good about yourself... look at Clinton<span id='postcolor'>

rofl :biggrin:

problem with US army is basically there are always alot of troops to come in, so you cannot spend a whole lot of time in basic because there are always new recruits who also need to be trained. There is also commanders who think they only need the bare minimum of training because the US ground forces have alot of resources to their disposal which i think is garbage, no matter how much resources they have, they should still have way better training then they have now. Also the Humvee should stay, they are well made off road vehicles. also US army rangers still use humvees, but use both land rover defenders and humvees and kawasaki(sp?) dirt bikes.

this could have been a pretty good topic if haveagohero hadn't been a real prick about it, hate to tell you but the british military isn't god's military like you seem to make it seem. We should also stop this bickering about whose better because its nonsense simply because it does not matter. it does not matter because the likelyhood of the US and UK having a war against each other is slim to none. they are both capable forces, they both kicked major ass, that should end it all right there. And yes, i think their should be a british force, most important at this time is having infantry

i would also like to blame our CIA and military impatence on bill clinton, that guy f**ked us over in so many more ways then 1 heheh.

(Edited by NVA Killer at 11:10 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

I agree, I just saw an opportunity to make light of the original post. Nothing personal just fufilling my quota for humor (be it dry or not). IMO, we have a great friend in the UK. As for the British Soldiers in O.F.P. I am all for it. I could always use a driver to chauffeur me tho the battlefield. smile.gif

I wouldn't mind a few Scottish units, and Irish too. They seem to have small bit of fighting spirit (only had to fight Englade for a few HUNDRED years) smile.gif as far as I'm concerned let in all of Nato(but no French smile.gif ) and Warsaw pact.

where are the bloody tea and crumpets?!?!

and the bobbies and the lorries and the fags...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from haveagohero on 8:40 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

Oh man, it must be by accident we once own a third of the land mass of the earth, we must be able to defend excellently, your only jelous of culture, something being half scot i can say being part of the United kingdom brought up here. Oh by the way ladies Britain has England, Scotland, northern ireland and unfortuantly wales in it. And there is no poor in scotland the brave, arse bandit

<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not trying to make enemies here, but Britain is just England Scotland and (unfortunatly) wales. N.Ireland is only included when talking about the U.K. (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).  And bye the way, I've seen British soldiers on the streets of N.Ireland for most of my life. They diserve to be in the game.

(Edited by Hawkeye at 11:25 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

well ive never once seen a british soldier in person(so bad) but i still want them, oh btw yes, we need Alfred as a battle field butler tounge.gif

US Secretary for war, watshiface, Powell I think, openly admitted that the Brittish SAS is the best in the world.

Nuff said.

Oh, and if the Brittish forces are so bad, why is the US Deltaforce moddeled on the SAS ? Dont say its not, it is, Fact of life, so you just have to live with it.

( And I have fired military weapons, been there seen it done it, got the T shirt thank you very much. )

Enough waving of the patriotic willys guys.

Everyone nows that when the US go off to bomb places theres usually a good deal of british forces too like the gulf war,serbie and afghaniststan so there should have quite a few in this game too.

All I can add is that when I'm playing the game - there is a British mind at the controls.

oh, someone mention a british mod, yeah there is one in the works, but i do not know the url. anybody know it?

Hey maybe we should have a game where we get rid of my anoying neighbours ie the french canadians and the americans

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Hawkeye on 12:24 am on Dec. 5, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from haveagohero on 8:40 pm on Dec. 4, 2001

Oh man, it must be by accident we once own a third of the land mass of the earth, we must be able to defend excellently, your only jelous of culture, something being half scot i can say being part of the United kingdom brought up here. Oh by the way ladies Britain has England, Scotland, northern ireland and unfortuantly wales in it. And there is no poor in scotland the brave, arse bandit

<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not trying to make enemies here, but Britain is just England Scotland and (unfortunatly) wales. N.Ireland is only included when talking about the U.K. (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).  And bye the way, I've seen British soldiers on the streets of N.Ireland for most of my life. They diserve to be in the game.

(Edited by Hawkeye at 11:25 pm on Dec. 4, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

No, Great Britain is Scotland, England, N, Ireland and Wales, the UK does not include N. Ireland as it is just Scotland, England and Wales.

I saw a link to a Royal Forces MOD, and the Sea King looked very Kewl, but I don't know where it's gone. I'm British, and although I'm 16 I intend to fly the things as an occupation. It would be extremely cool to see them in OFP smile.gif I have the link at home, I am school now, Ill see if I can find it when I get back but I think it died sad.gif

Plus Britain Rules tounge.gif

Now can we all take a deep breath and stop ****ING arguing. Now let sort this out. Right we conclude that the Brits have a Bloody good army and the yanks have a bloody big army. Case closed.

P.s Am I starting to sound like tony blair? Turns my stomach.....gfsaijfajkhjeqbneaqnjkqn3fv3q4n2143gr,rew. (sorry I just fainted on the computer. Oh here I go again......)

*sigh*

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, is the correct title of the country known as the UK. Great Britain and Britain, rightly or wrongly, as a shortened term.

The British Ilses is the name of the group of islands that makes up the UK mainland and outlying islands, such as Shetland. The Island of Britain is the correct name for the UK mainland.

Basic training for British Army is 16 weeks.

If memory serves correctly, USMC is 9 weeks.

I'm not going to comment on USMC vs RMC, as RMC are more-or-less a special forces unit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ScreamingWithNoSound on 11:56 pm on Dec. 5, 2001

*sigh*

Basic training for British Army is 16 weeks.

If memory serves correctly, USMC is 9 weeks.

I'm not going to comment on USMC vs RMC, as RMC are more-or-less a special forces unit.

<span id='postcolor'>

Just spliting hairs but Marine Basic is 13 weeks Army Basic is 9 weeks.

And though it is fun to poke at everyone else and they're country military I can't think of one country that hasn't had a spectacular failure.

And I'd like to quote George Carlin

"you don't have to be a political scientist or genuis to understand the bigger d**k

foreign policy theory. it sounds like this 'What the have bigger d**k

s?!! Bomb them!!' " smile.gif

remember faklands us and british merines about 5 miles apart us merine: look men south us officer:don't shoot there english wait accauly shoot have fun