Sign in to follow this  
freax0r69

DXDLL Technical Support :-)

Hello Folks!

I have seen some amazing screenshots, apparently people are still using Kegetys' DXDLL mod but on what hardware?

I'm running Windows XP SP3 with an AMD +6000 and an ATI/AMD HD 4870 512mb card and after correctly installing the DXDLL mod, the game doesn't launch anymore :-(

Does anyone have any idea on how to get the DXDLL mod to work with current or at least recent video cards? Any information/advice is greatly appreciated (I never got to use the DXDLL mod and I was really looking forward to it!) So please, if you are using a video card in the HD 4800 series or newer Nvidia cards and the DXDLL mod is working for you, please please respond and let us know what settings you are using to enable it to work!

Thanks in advance! I love OFP!!! 10 years and still going strong!

Well, I'm using DxDll on Athlon XP 1800+ (1534MHz), 512MB RAM and GeForce 4 Ti 4200 with 128 MB memory on board. Everything from year 2003 :p. I have no problems until I'll put many (like 40+) units on the map in one area. But it's not much better without DxDll - 64 units within view distance seems to be maximum of my PC.

In case you'd be interested, my DxDll config file:

; DXDLL Configuration file

; for boolean values, 1 = true, 0 = false

[General]

; General settings

; useTrilinear: Use trilinear filtering instead of bilinear

; forceNoNightShader: Remove "black & white" effect from night, can also improve performance

; sharpenUI: Uses a higher detail mipmap texture for overlay elements, can make UI text easier to read

; EnhancedTracers: Enhances tracers to make them more visible

; debugOutput: Enables debug output (Using windows OutputDebugString function)

; handlePrintScreen: Grab printscreen keypress for screenshots

; LODbias0: sets normal texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; LODbias1: sets multitexture texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

showFPS=0

showStat=0

useTrilinear=1

forceNoNightShader=0

sharpenUI=1

EnhancedTracers=0

debugOutput=0

handlePrintScreen=1

LODbias0=0

LODbias1=0

[Postprocessing]

; Postprocessing settings

; Force32bitPostProcessing: Forces use of 32bit color for postprocessing color buffer.

; When using 16bit color, enabling this can improve visual quality without the peformance hit of full 32bit color.

; DisablePPForMap: Disable postprocessing when map visible (mission editor, map)

; UseSpecialNVGPP: Uses a special predefined set of postprocessing settings when nvgoggles are used

; HardLight: Enable "hard light" postprocessing

: HardLightSx: Hard Light strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Desaturate: Enable desaturation postprocessing

; DesaturateSx: Desaturation strength per color channel (red, green, blue), range 0.0 - 1.0

; Glare: Enable light glare postprocessing

; GlareStrength: Glare strength

; GlareSize: Glare texture size divider, larger values mean larger glare but can cause aliasing

; GlareDarkenSky: Darkens sky by 15% to avoid it from becoming overbright with glare

; GlareUseFade: Uses a fade effect in glare buffer at night time

; GlareForce32bitBuffer: Same as Force32bitPostProcessing, but for glare buffer

UsePostProcessing=1

Force32bitPostProcessing=0

DisablePPForMap=1

UseSpecialNVGPP=1

HardLight=1

HardLightSR=0.4

HardLightSG=0.4

HardLightSB=0.6

Desaturate=1

DesaturateSR=0.2

DesaturateSG=0.2

DesaturateSB=0.2

Glare=1

GlareStrength=0.3

GlareSize=3

GlareDarkenSky=1

GlareUseFade=0

GlareForce32bitBuffer=0

[Reflections]

; Water reflection settings

; sizeX/Y: Reflection texture size. Larger size means a more sharp reflection, but can also decrease performance.

; Some video cards require texture sizes to be in powers of 2, (ie. 256x256, 512x512, 1024x256, etc)

; LODbias: sets reflection texture mipmap level of detail, range -1.0(sharp) to 1.0(blurry)

; UseExpFog: Use exponential fog effect for water.

; Uses more dense fog for water which looks better, though can appear too dense at lower viewdistances

; useLighting: Use lighting for reflections. If disabled, all reflected things appear dark, but it can improve performance

; maxCount: Maximum number of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited amount.

; maxDistance: Maximum distance of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited distance.

; maxHeigh: Maximum height from waterline of objects visible in reflection. Set to 0 for unlimited height.

; bumpStrength: Water bumpmap strength

; clipTolerance: Amount of clipping adjustment done for reflected faces.

; Too low number can cause "see through" bumpmap effect near waterline.

; texOffsetX/Y: Reflection map offset. If reflection appears at wrong position, try adjusting these

useReflections=1

reflectTerrain=1

reflectObjects=1

sizeX=512

sizeY=512

LODbias=-0.5

useExpFog=1

useLighting=1

maxCount=600

maxDistance=400

maxHeight=20

bumpStrength=5

clipTolerance=-0.035

texOffsetX=0.49

texOffsetY=0.49

DXDLL seems to be having problems with ATI cards or I just got such impression (had problems with Radeon 9600 and with Radeon HD4850)

If you won't manage to run the game with DXDLL but you still want some extra effects (alas no water reflections) try ENBSeries (google for it)

It's made for GTASA but will work with OFP (although some specific features like car reflections won't).

krzychuzokecia

thanks for your info my friend, I actually copied your config file and put it in dxdll folder but it still did not work :-(

metalcraze

thanks for that tip! I'll definitely look into it!

Maybe someone here has got dxdll working, lets wait and see :-)

@freax0r69

Hello, my laptop has a ATI mobility Radeon HD2600 graphics card (bought in 2007)

DXDLL works fine for me... However may I suggest that this problem might be related to one of the following reasons:

1) If you are using ATI Tray Tools, OFP with DXDLL will not start toghether with that program. At least that does not work for me. If this is your case - turn off ATI Tray Tools.

2) Maybe Windows XP SP3 related problem, I am using Windows 7 (32bit), though I am not sure about this one. :confused:

I wish you luck in finding the solution ;)

Edited by Icarus

Icarus!!!

In point of fact, I AM using ATI Tray Tools! I had never thought of that possibility! I am going to try turning it off during gameplay to see if it works! Thank you! I think this will work!!!#!$$!$!!111!!!

cheers!

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Icarus1, this is Freax0r69!

A DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!

IT WORKED!!!11!$@!#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SOVIET ARMY SALUTES YOU!

http://tinypic.com/r/2rf4jrm/5

(screenshot)

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Kegetys' DXDLL 1.0 is CONFIRMED WORKING FLAWLESSLY on the following hardware/software:

Windows XP SP3

AMD X2 +6000 CPU

4GB DDR2 800 RAM

AMD/ATI HD4870 512MB Video Card using latest drivers

OFP version 1.96 with "modul sky" addon, everything else is BIS original

The trick to get it working was mentioned by Icarus! You just have to close down ATI Tray Tools or any similar real-time video card management program! Also make sure that you have Anti-Aliasing turned off because apparently it is not compatible with the Kegetys DXDLL addon!

@freax0r69

I am glad it worked for you :)

However about that anti-aliasing problem... I don't know if this is just me, but anti-aliasing works fine with DXDLL for me... :confused:

EDIT: I use 4X (Box type) Anti-aliasing in my Catalyst Pro Control Center menu

Edited by Icarus

@freax0r69

I am glad it worked for you :)

However about that anti-aliasing problem... I don't know if this is just me, but anti-aliasing works fine with DXDLL for me... :confused:

EDIT: I use 4X (Box type) Anti-aliasing in my Catalyst Pro Control Center menu

Can you post a picture of water reflection and anti-aliasing at the same time, like of a beach?

STGN

The trick to get it working was mentioned by Icarus! You just have to close down ATI Tray Tools or any similar real-time video card management program! Also make sure that you have Anti-Aliasing turned off because apparently it is not compatible with the Kegetys DXDLL addon!

Good to know freax0r69, as I'm probably getting ATI-based graphic card soon!

BTW: What's addon is that Soviet infantry?

@STGN

Either it is Anti-aliasing working or I have been mistaken... :confused:

screenshot2ey.jpg

screenshot2fj.jpg

Edited by Icarus

Okay I didn't know that reflections was not a post processing thing. It also works on my computer when i try though the post processing does not.

STGN

Sorry if I gave you wrong idea. I am not using all the features of DXDLL since my laptop starts lagging :(

Sorry if I gave you wrong idea. I am not using all the features of DXDLL since my laptop starts lagging :(

Nothing to be sorry about :) I learned something new! in the past I only used dxdll for night time correction which works with AA too.

STGN