Sign in to follow this  
jedra

Dedicated Server Questions

Hi,

I am testing the dedicated server setup on my server (using takeonhserver.exe) and have a couple of questions that I cannot seem to find answers for anywhere...

1. Am I right in saying that there is no Battleye setup for this yet?

2. Same question for Gamespy.

3. I am trying to logon as admin in the server, but it does not seem to recognize the 'logon' command as with the Arma2OAserver. Is there a new set of commands?

4. With regard to keys, are we advised to use verifySignatures = 2; as with arma2oa? I am assuming that ToH uses V2 keys - is this correct?

I am using a slightly modifed version of my Arma2oa config file and that seems to work OK. As yet I can't find any references to a specific one for TKOH. I know they are hard at work with the biki, I just wondered if anyone else out there had already managed to answer some of these questions. Any admin hints and tips specific to TKOH would be good too!

Doh! My excuse was that it was a long week! Thanks for replying!

Me too, I'm curious for the answers to questions 1,2 and 4. Searched the forum and read the BE wiki but couldn't find any info.

For instance, I would really like to use RCon to manage my TOH dedi but so far I don't know if the setup and files are really identical with either ArmA2 or OA...

I want to set up a dedicated server on my remote win 2008 server (or a win 7 virtual machine running on the virtual machine host).

So my question is quite simply:

Do I need to transfer my entire Take on helicopters folder? It's 16gb... I don't hope so :)

Any advice?

I want to set up a dedicated server on my remote win 2008 server (or a win 7 virtual machine running on the virtual machine host).

So my question is quite simply:

Do I need to transfer my entire Take on helicopters folder? It's 16gb... I don't hope so :)

Any advice?

in short yes it needs all the files , however you can download it again from the source right from the server . I did with steam and it only took 10 mis or so