Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Dont lose weapons in water crossing

ACE seems to have pushed the time that you hang on to weapons during water crossing to 2 minutes - vanilla is about 30 seconds.

Is there a way to hang on to weapons for river crossings longer than a couple of minutes?

thanks

Lighty

Its in the config, you would need to make an addon that overwrote the games(or ACE's) config values. More info: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=101207

But I think it would be a lot easier to just provide a boat or set up a script to "stow" their gear in their ruck and then ford the river, then have them unstow their gear.

You could just save their gear to a variable and add it back when they get to the other side.

I found an easy way around this problem.

Set up a trigger (radio alpha for example)

In the box "on act."

type: "RemoveAllWeapons this;" Then type in all the gear you want.

This way you can set it up and use it more than once. If you lose your gear just radio in and it automatically changes all your gear.

I've only found 2 simple issues with this;

When you radio alpha and get all your gear back you need to push "F". In the game, if you have a weapon, you always have it in your hands. So you have a weapon in your hand because the game won't let you have empty hands when you have a gun. So it pretty much means that while you see a weapon in your hand, it's not really there. so when you push F you start to cycle your weapons in your hands.

No big deal, just "radio alpha", F, then you're good to go. It all happens in a second.

The second issue is that if you used ammo, it won't reload you with the spent ammo. It gives you a full new load. For some it's good and others bad.

Other than that, I haven't found anyone that has gone around that.

good thinking mate - thats certainly a fix of sorts.

but perhaps someone who did ACE2 scripting knows how to stretch the default time out - i am not a scrpter unfortunately.

this is ideal for maps like Lingor or any place with small river crossings - you should be able to make those crossings without losing kits irl.