Sign in to follow this  
Devil

Preview: Civilian Pack - 20 New Vehicles

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 10:52 am on Nov. 26, 2001

Devil my man, Those are not new, they are re skinned models arlready made.<span id='postcolor'>

that makes me smile.

im sorry to have to do this but.....

first DEVIL all re texured vehicles and stuff looks great cant wait to get my hands on them (expecialy the police brdm) but when are you going to release them because until now we only heard this is comming and that is comming ........ SO GO AND FINISH ONE BEFORE STARTING A OTHER PLEASE.................

Somehow, that's not my idea of what a police Jeep would look like sad.gif And a Police BRDM would have a litle more than a sniny blue paint job and Police poorly stenciled on the side.

that BRDM would go nicely with a swat team with unsilenced hk's. that would be cool if you could make a mission where your a cop and have to bust some resistence terrorists with RPG's and other weapons. that wuld be sweet...

All right, the vehicles are done, but I just want everyone's general opinion on whether or not to make a Police PBR and a Police JeepMG. If yes, I will need more time. So far there are 28 vehicles.

How much you wanna bet that all them people dissin devil are a buncha computer nerds with no social life and don't care about others and are just demanding little brats?

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. I simply think their view of the mod as whole is skewed. From what I've seen, devil isn't some egotistical snob trying to show up people. It looks to me like he does what he does for fun, and possibly to create more interesting missions. Some people complained about having to download the mod to get missions b/c 'some idiot' decided to use it. From my experience, idiots make horrible mappers so why bother if you think only idiots will use the mod? The arguements are self defeating. The mod is nothing fantastic but it looks like fun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Snake Plissken on 4:14 am on Nov. 29, 2001

I wouldn't go so far as to say that.  I simply think their view of the mod as whole is skewed.  From what I've seen, devil isn't some egotistical snob trying to show up people.  It looks to me like he does what he does for fun, and possibly to create more interesting missions.  Some people complained about having to download the mod to get missions b/c 'some idiot' decided to use it.  From my experience, idiots make horrible mappers so why bother if you think only idiots will use the mod?  The arguements are self defeating.  The mod is nothing fantastic but it looks like fun.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly how I feel.

This guy was telling me earlier how my addons were "unproffecional"

And so what? These are just for fun! It's a game!

They are just new colors for racing or whatever.

(Edited by Devil at 5:21 am on Nov. 29, 2001)

Lookn' Good Devil...

...Uh i mean your cars.

yes I do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from supergrunt on 8:15 pm on Nov. 26, 2001

im sorry to have to do this but.....

but when are you going to release them  because until now we only heard this is comming and that is comming ........  SO GO AND FINISH ONE BEFORE STARTING A OTHER PLEASE.................

<span id='postcolor'>

good point.

Make sure you tell us when you release devil, I'm waiting to see what those crazy mofo mappers will do with it.

Edit: in response to devils request for input:

A) A police PBR might be a good idea, I couldn't say for sure yet. It probably wouldn't be necessary, since we've yet to have missions that play more like GTA3 than OPF (believe me, that's what I'm waiting for here). Even if we did, police don't need their own boats, they can just hijack somebody.

B) I don't think a police jeep MG would be a good idea. I'm sitting here trying to remember the last time I saw a swat team cruising down the road open up on some shoplifters with a .50 cal, and it ain't happening. That is an exaggeration, but cops don't shoot from moving vehicles generally speaking, and for any other purpose an MG jeep is rather useless.

(Edited by Snake Plissken at 8:33 am on Dec. 2, 2001)

My guess is DL it, realise teh re-texturing looks like dootie, and delete from their HDD, atleast thats waht i do smile.gif

I might not to teach all of the idiots a lesson in a little appriciation and respect, after all.

they're not that bad.

I don't really have any use for civilian vehicles though.

It is is military sim.

Stop flaming the devil his work is great it is the bestposible without the sdk and that speedometer and damagemonitor is what i really wanted for ages i think he should keep going and make tons of boats

What is wrong with you people?confused.gif why are you insulting devils work! He spends his time making addons for people like you who cant make them! if you think that they are garbage then dont bother posting here. I think that operation flashpoint has more potential than just a static war sim, there is more possible with this game, this is one of few games where you have freedom to do what ever you want, you arnt stuck in a certain area and have to do certain things, you can do what ever you please. These civilian addons will drasticlly improve this feature of the game.

(Edited by Airwolf at 9:34 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Airwolf on 6:23 pm on Dec. 2, 2001

What is wrong with you people?confused.gif why are you insulting devils work! He spends his time making addons for people like you who cant make them! if you think that they are garbage then dont bother posting here. I think that operation flashpoint has more potential than just a static war sim, there is more possible with this game, this is one of few games where you have freedom to do what ever you want, you arnt stuck in a certain area and have to do certain things, you can do what ever you please. These civilian addons will drasticlly improve this feature of the game.

(Edited by Airwolf at 9:34 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, thats great airworlf, thanks for your opinion, but he hasen't REALLY released much of what he has promised.

So he hasen't REALLY done THAT much.

They look good to me but when can we download them is the question i want to know?

Instead of a police PBR have a coastguard PBR.

Yeah, civilian vehicles are absolutely worthless in a military sim because we all know the army NEVER fights in towns. Yes, we all know that real armies fight on open fields and fire in volleys. Oh wait, that was in 1700.

One thing devil, you say you're done with it, so why not release? To teach people like us a lesson?

Cus hes full of s**t, everything out odf his mouth may as well be a lie, and Whoever said he makes add-ons for us who cant?? LMMFAO, I bet all he does is De-PBO it grab teh vehicle textures, open up paint shop, and recolor them, First off all these arent add-ons, they are modifications, and they are s**tty for that matter. A real Add-on is like Keggetys Winter island and winter vehics, maybe you should make somehting useful like that Devil. Until then you'll never get a DL from me, or a look at your site. Persona;lly if you think this is quality work, you must be pretty d*amn blind wink.gif enough thats my 2cents, now flame me and call me a fool, but I'll laugh when you see NO ONE EVER USES THESe ADD-ONS.

Wisdom, you might be able to make your point better if you could keep a coherent stream of thought. Have you ever wondered why nobody on these forums likes you at all? Think about it for a while . . .

This looks like a great mod but..... is it coming out anytime soon?

I have it all done, but I can't upload 9 megs. Is there anyway to partion the upload?