Sign in to follow this  
eagledeer

Music

It's weird, but the mellow jazz music literally helped me fly 2-3 better than usual. I could hover, transition to flight, back to hover, land. Weird lol.

I agree mate, I agree, it is like perceiving a world in slow motion.

Music (default tracks played in audio player) is the worst part of audio environment in TOH IMHO.

Normally I hate music in games and I always turn it off if I can. But, like the OP, there is something about the Jazz that has made me keep it on. It just makes me feel so mellow while I am flying about. It has also helped me not to quit in rage when I fail time after time trying to land without auto-hover!

nice.png

The jazzy theme reminds me of the fun I had with SimCopter years ago :)

yes learning to hover in a simulator is taxing. just try landing on one of those landing platforms people use to haul helicopters around, you can find them in the editor under empty/objects/landing platform. even i don't make it on the first attempt and have to realign a couple of times before getting it right.

Is it easier to grasp hovering in RL? What I'm liking about TOH is that I'm actually improving the more I do it. Another quick question: do the default joystick curves feel right, or does it help to make them more sensitive?

Thanks

How do i change the music channel? I saw a tip in one of the loading screens but never did figure out which keys do it.

The jazz is the more tolerable of the music selections... there's a few too many tracks that sound like it's time to raid the spaceship (one even starts out with sounds that resemble a ship's alarm system?) for me to just let it play as it goes.

double tap ALT to enter Freelook, then move the cursor over the music player button and press the mousewheel or the button you assigned for it ;)