Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Help nosplash nofilepatching world=empty WTF!

Hello I have not been on this thread for sometime lol WTF did I do!!!

I was editing a domination mission and now I can't play arma in full screen this is what it says ARMA2 OA "C:\program\files\bohemia interactive\arma2\arma2 oa.exe''-nosplash-nofilepatching-world=empty.

I was just going back into the editor and then back into the domination files just working learning about scripting and making some changes within the domination mission.

Any input on this would be great. AVIBIRD

Hi AVIBIRD 1

I'd assume its this

-noFilePatching

Ensures that only PBOs are loaded and NO unpacked data.

try with out it.

Startup_Parameters[

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

Hey Gunter I just did a pc system go back and it works right now but what did I do to make that happen. This domination mission that I was working on at the time has been unpacked in my editor for weeks. I am not sure what you mean about only PBO's are loaded. I just what to know what I did. LOL.

what exact commandline You use to start the game?

I have a similar start line with the ‘-nosplash-nofilepatching’ but without the world empty bit, never been a problem to load for me, I know the world empty thing is to speed up loading but in my opinion it does not seem to make much difference, loading over 100mods with the game in around 90secs. Maybe the problem is somewhere else, have you changed the res settings in your in-game menu ?

what exact commandline You use to start the game?

What up MR. DWARDEN:) lol I have no clue exact commandline :confused: I was just in a domination mission files messing around trying learn how XEON setup his files to help me see how I can better understand the stuff you guys know so well. I was taking out his artillery setup and trying to add a script called Artillery AI by keV

Description:

Allows a battery of AI controlled Artillery to mimic a single player controlled piece and fire as a battery.

I could not get it to run in the domination mission for some reason I was looking in the files and when I went back into the game I could not get the game to run in full screen. The game was running but in a small window screen only. I took out the new script and put the old code back in but the the screen would not go to full size and the original artillery system would not work lol. The PC system restore fixed the issue. I still don't know what I did to cause this issue.

I have a similar start line with the ‘-nosplash-nofilepatching’ but without the world empty bit, never been a problem to load for me, I know the world empty thing is to speed up loading but in my opinion it does not seem to make much difference, loading over 100mods with the game in around 90secs. Maybe the problem is somewhere else, have you changed the res settings in your in-game menu ?

No, I was just in the mission floders I NEVER CHANGE MY SETTINGS FOR THE GAME SINCE I got the game running well. Did you have the small screen as well and could not play in a full window screen.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

I could be wrong, but don't you need spaces between the params?

-world=Takistan -nosplash -nopause

No, I was just in the mission floders I NEVER CHANGE MY SETTINGS FOR THE GAME SINCE I got the game running well. Did you have the small screen as well and could not play in a full window screen.

No I have not had any problems, just wondered if you had knocked the setting into ‘Windowed’ mode. Sorry can’t think of anything else..

I could be wrong, but don't you need spaces between the params?

Code:

-world=Takistan -nosplash -nopause

You only need one space after the exe, and 1 space after each -code

@AVIBIRD 1

your target line is wrong, also post the whole target line, according to what you have here:

"C:\program\files\bohemia interactive\arma2\arma2 oa.exe''-nosplash-nofilepatching-world=empty.

theres no spaces in your code.

you have spaces:

here---> arma2 oa.exe   should be---> arma2oa.exe

here--->rma2 oa.exe''-nosplash    should be-->arma2oa.exe'' -nosplash

here-->arma2 oa.exe''-nosplash-nofilepatching  should be--->arma2oa.exe'' -nosplash -nofilepatching

here--->arma2 oa.exe''-nosplash-nofilepatching-world=empty should 
be--->arma2oa.exe'' -nosplash -nofilepatching -world=empty

Are you using mods? for mods add the mod parameter like so:

arma2oa.exe'' -nosplash -nofilepatching -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@mods