Sign in to follow this  
RFKL

Arma2 is realistic go play cod ***********

And I don't understand where this paladin of realism superiority complex comes from either considering ArmA isn't anywhere close to being realistic. Go play Steel Beasts and tell me ArmA models tanks realistically. Go play DCS Blackshark and tell me ArmA models helicopters realistically.

Hehe, I know the context is slightly different, but I find it rather funny that you - who made a thread complaining about "elitist" Arma players to "go play CoD" - then go on to make a post telling someone to "go play Black Shark / Steel Beasts". Just sayin'. :D

Anyway, there are surely a lot of valid complaints about Arma2, but this thread contains none. It's just a vehicle for the OP to whine about the big bad Arma community and its "superiority complex", and as such is pretty damn pointless. Though it's obviously not been ineffective as far as flamebaits go, I'll give you that.

What concerns me the most, is that one may want to register here only to create such topic, even if i'm not at all for the go-play-cod motto.

The ladders are indeed quite clumsy. Especially when you build your own map you have to select the ladder with the appropriate length, position it carefully and test if you can climp up. When you place the big ladder in way that much of it disappers in the ground, you can't use it.

The ladder handling should be fixed so that you start to climb up/down at any of its stairs. Often you stand and fumble around ten seconds until you hit the right angle by accidentso that the climb-button appears.

The same with ammo boxes. It should be easier to trigger the open-button.

ArmA2 works once you get used to the action menus and some specific derpitude vis-a-vis ladders, buildings, and vehicles.

Once you get it figured out it's a great game. It's just the price you pay for the endless possibilities of the game engine.

ArmA2 works once you get used to the action menus and some specific derpitude vis-a-vis ladders, buildings, and vehicles.

Once you get it figured out it's a great game. It's just the price you pay for the endless possibilities of the game engine.

So all these annoyances are mandatory in order for the game's positive traits to exist? As in, they can't possibly be fixed by BI reading feedback and acting upon it unlike what they've done to numerous other things in the game? Getting used to them is not the same as liking or being indifferent to them, and it gets all the more annoying when you're criticized for not liking obvious shortcomings of the game.

4 pages, I hope you all enjoyed the fun.