Sign in to follow this  
adrian858

Boxed Version

So you expect BIS to pay for you to download the software and then pay to send you a boxed version as well? Pretty sure that won't happen.

Maybe if you were willing to pay a lot more it would make sense. Otherwise their profit margin would drop down if they had to do that (cost of bandwidth to give you a copy right away, cost to ship a specialized boxed version to you etc). Just doesn't make sense to me, but who am I, a nobody :P

Edit: No disrespect meant either! Just stating the obvious

Edited by lazerath
re-read post, thought it may be taken rudely so added disclaimer to it lol

I agree with lazerath, and in fact I will happily pay the boxed version to support a little bit more this great development. :)

Has there been anyone at Bohemia contacting stores with info about the game

to see if theres any interest in carrying it?

I know London Drugs in Canada tends to carry the more obscure titles and even

sells a few independently made addon packs for FSX.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Products/Computers.htm?BreadCrumbs=Computers;Computers;Software;Games&Sort=0&Page=1 *Not all the games they have are listed* Their PC section is well stocked and not regulated to hidden corner of the store like Futureshop or Best buy.

NCIX is another store that also ships to the US.

http://www.ncix.ca

There's also Amazon. Thats usually the go to plafce for finding things you can['t get anywhere else.

I'm not sure if this is true but don't they need a publisher for the region before you can get it in the stores? I don't think game stores in Canada, US, and UK will want games in languages (ex German and Czech) that are not big in their country. I think the publisher is probably more the problem. Someone who can put the resources in place to print the manual and make all the boxes and game art. That would be my guess anyway. Perhaps not relevant though. Although perhaps finding stores that would be willing to put them on their shelves is a good first step they may be able to use that to get a publisher's interest.

I thought the game was shipping only in English at the beginning and it is only the boxes/manuals that are translated to GER/CZ

Hi lazerath,

As I stated in my post this is something other software dev's have done and do so no not a big ask, there is only a min charge added for the boxed version your sent just to cover materials and the postage, as you have already paid there profit margin and bandwith cost with the purchase of the game.

No disrespect meant, Just stating the obvious!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

If you buy the download version can you back up the install files yourself to a HDD or DVD or does the install files get removed by steam or sproket after install and thus you are only left with the game files?

Mastertronic are going to distribute it so we will more then likely to see them in GAME as that is where they are mostly sold.