Sign in to follow this  
rekrul

Stealing the ruskie\'s general\'s SCUD papers

I manage to sneak up to the building without the alarm going off but I they spot me so I have to kill those guarding the house, I pop in and get the papers but then I'm in serious trouble.

I've got a bunch of ppl around me as well as BMP and I can't for the love of God get out of there alive. I hardly get more than 10m away from the building. I keep shooting officers as they are usually the ones spotting me, I tried blowing up the building (wich has a funny bug btw. If you place a satchel anywhere on the first floor, it will stick to the roof) I've tried shooting ppl from the balcony, I've tried legging it, I've tried shooting myself out but after 30-40 tries I have a tendancy to get very frustrated and an urge to smash the monitor.

Any hints out there? The black-ops are getting kinda boring now because you have to crawl several klicks now to not get spotted...

-Rekrul

nm, venting my frustration here must've helped.

I came up from behind the tents and positioned in a bush across from the entrance to the house. You will see a guard laying down there. Shoot him, then shoot every1 else from that position. They never spotted me. Take your time shooting them 1 at a time. After every1 dead get the papers and run. Time yourself from the tanks. As you noticed they go to a pre-determined spot every time.

What i did b-4 i got to bush was to lay a satchel near the cliff where the 1 tank stops all the time and another under the other tank near the airfield. After i get papers i run to bush and blow them up. Then take a heli and scadoodle outta there or just run. If you run, you may encounter a few more hostiles on way out.

I liked this mission. Took me numerous tries myself till i got mad and plugged every1 from that bush.

Actually what I did was to make a mad dash for it to the back of the house and over the hill. The bmp shot after me but I managed to get over the hill and dove into a bush. The BMP parks by the bush and there was a squad looking for me, but they gave up so I just pushed on, blew the fence and made it back.

However when I went to the spot marked on the map, it didn't finish so I had to move even more wich almost made me re-play the mission as I thought I had to trigger something I didn't know.

-Rekrul

dont dash, crawl the whole wat without shooting anybody, nobodt will see you even if you crawl right in front of them

Well that was the problem as I said, even when I crawled they saw me. So when I legged it, I got away.

they must have changed it sad.gif

wen i did that mission i had version 1.0

they must of made it so they can see u wen u crawl sad.gif

Yea, I came up behind the house, got the papers, Saved, placed a satchel, saved, ran out into a bush, killed 4 guys, saved, killed a squad, saved, bmp came, saved, got ran over by BMP,went back to when I killed the squad, took off running south down the hill for cover, saved, went back up, saved, placed satchel at BMP, saved, ran back down hill, saved, took cover, and detonated satchels, saved... ran to extraction. Mission complete., Saved

Thats how I did it, if u can manage getting away from bmp, do so, I just felt gutsy at that time. If you want a better tuturial, e-mail me. :-) Saved

Email me

Deus Ex, Saved wink.gif

I took a sniper rifle, a law and as much rockets as i could carry

First i snuck to the bush overlooking the red base

Then i started sniping like mad, saving every once in a while, because when the alarm starts, a T-80 comes looking for ya..

After a good amount of sniping, having killed a whole lot of soldiers as well as the hind and shilka crew i snuck into the base. After a great many retries i decided not to go with the shilka as per the prima strat guide. Instead i lawed the T80 a couple of times, which made it come after me. While it was busy descending from it's hill i had just enough time to take off in one of the hinds. I put it on manual fire, selected rockets and went on a killing spree biggrin.gif

after i emptied one hind, i set it down in a safe spot, ran to the other one and emptied that ones rockets on the russkies that were running around

i don't think any russkie survived that mission wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schurem @ Jan. 16 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I took a sniper rifle, a law and as much rockets as i could carry

First i snuck to the bush overlooking the red base

Then i started sniping like mad, saving every once in a while, because when the alarm starts, a T-80 comes looking for ya..

After a good amount of sniping, having killed a whole lot of soldiers as well as the hind and shilka crew i snuck into the base. After a great many retries i decided not to go with the shilka as per the prima strat guide. Instead i lawed the T80 a couple of times, which made it come after me. While it was busy descending from it's hill i had just enough time to take off in one of the hinds. I put it on manual fire, selected rockets and went on a killing spree biggrin.gif

after i emptied one hind, i set it down in a safe spot, ran to the other one and emptied that ones rockets on the russkies that were running around

i don't think any russkie survived that mission wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, that's how I pulled off "Hind Attack".

Me and the squad first had some fun in Morton, blowing up the helpless trucks with satchels and plugging the guards.

We also stopped by their take-off point and "removed" the Shilka and T80.

After having spend all our goods, we got into a truck, raced into the Hind-base, stole a Hind (lost a brave pal in the process), flew off and erased the entire island biggrin.gif

i remember in 1.0 when instead of blowing up the fence w/ satchel charge and alerting the tanks i could sometimes walk through it and even crawl in broad day light and the soldiers wouldnt see me

That is a good mission. After several tries I layed down in the hallway and took out any nearby soldiers that I could see, then after the bmp went by and stopped near the corner of the house, I ran out and placed a satchel charge on it, ran back into the house and layed on the floor in a room. If you do it fast you can get away with it and not get shot. Then I detonated the explosives and after the bmp blew I ran out of the building and dove into the bushes, took out a couple soldiers that were left after the explosion and made my way back by using stealth. Used the last satchel charge to blow a hole in the fence and get out.

I just take a M21, Law with 2 Rkts and a sachel. I snipe all the guys near the gate then let the T72 go by and wait for the BMP. I hit the BMP with the LAW and then run down the hill still on the outside of the fence and wait for the 4 guys to come up from the road behind ya. I kill them, by now the T80 is usually stopped near the gate so I crawl up to it and sachel charg his ars. I then go get the rpg from one of the falled guys and wait for the T72. I blast the t72 and then grab some more rpg rounds. I go to the hill and hit the shilka and the 2 Hinds with rpg rounds and snipe untill out ammo. Then grab a AK74 and keep killin. I kill em all in this one :-)

Instead of blowing up the fence and wasting satchel charges, walk to the waters edge and wade around the fence.

Its better to do this in the north.

I crawled past the gaurd at the door and was so close i managed to move him a bit biggrin.gif

Get yourself along the coast and behind the hills. Then, clmb the hills towards the bushes. Beware the BMP! Hide inside the tent and observe the movement of the guards for a while. When you know well what are the behaviour of the guards, begin to shoot them. They will have dificulty seein you if you remain inside the tent. Wait till everyone appears and kill them all from that position. A tank will appear and try to run over the tents. Be carefull or you will be smashed! If you hide from the tank, he will leave in patrol to try to find you. This will give you time to run to the house, still the documents and get an RPG luncher from a dead soldier. Then hide in the house (near the door) and kill the soldiers that appear (there souldnt remain many more of them) then blow of the tank and the BMP (you can do this also by approching with carefull and putting some charges beneath them). Then exit by the same rout and avoid the remaining guards near the fence.

Good Luck!!

I took the mp5 and law, went to the right side of the road, took out 1 patrol, waited behind a bush for the bmp which was very kind and knocked down the fence after which he was blown up by my law, t-80 came too and waited near the fence...crawled to it and saw thet he had a problem...he was short it sachal chrges so i took care of its problem smile.gif

then i went to the back side of the front base, took down the soldiers patroling the back wall...now its the tricky part...posittioned myself close to the shilka behind the wall, blown the wall with the last law round, run as hell to shilka and managed to take the gunner seat while an enemy crew member has taken the driver seat...because of him they didnttry to shoot the shilka with rpgs so i wasted them all plus all the vehicles around, this crew member took me for a little ride in the base and then left the shilka , all i had to do is drive slowly to the house, take the papers and drive out...

If you have patience like me(or lack of brain), try my way, which takes nearly 2 hrs and raise countless alarms.

Get M21, 2 LAW, 1 Satchel charges, 2 extra M21 mags

Snipe whoever you can from around your initial position(while hiding). Tanks(BMP?) will come looking for you screw commies after awhile. use LAW or Satchel to eliminate it.

Then, move into the gas station, and hide behind it. Becareful. There is a T80 and 2men guard patroling around. you gotta avoid both.

Hide into the trees right south of the road. kill 2 guards. watch out for T80's patroll, and move west, from trees to trees. When you get to the point where there's a small rock on top of a hill, goto the trees near them and hide. Soon, enemy patrol of 8 will be around. Kill Officer, and RPG soldier, and rest if you can. Wait for some time. Then crews will show up. kill them too. Now, grab RPG, and move to trees west of your spot

You'll see a BMP patrolling. RPG it when it rests on top of the hill, or when whenever you can. now, goto trees near Guba's house. you'll see loads or commie patrolling. Go prone, and goto a tree and hide under it. The one I hid myself had view of the house(SE portion of it) btw 2 tents, a bush on the left side, and an open space on the right.

Have fun sniping.

After some sniping, when you see less movements for awhile, while, prone, carefully strafe around to SW side, occasionally shooting guard that were out of your view before. There should be a 4man patrol that you didn't see. yes, kill them too. then crawl to the entrance, and as soon as it;s done, crawl back to bushes, and then to trees. By now, there are less enemies to guard your path to Guba's house. But keep your senses sharp, and run back to your place, while keeping in mind of that T80 patrolling near the gate.

I took the silenced mp5 and satchels and 1 law (not sure bout that).

Took the route thru the water past the fence (on the right) circled all the way around the base and infiltrated from the north moving from bush to bush. Once I was very close to the house I started eliminating guards with the mp5. They never found out where I was.

Then I dashed for the house raising the alarm and getting the complete Red Army after me. I accidently placed a satchel near the wall of the house on my way in. Once inside I got the documents and camped there for a looooooong time while taking out guards (and saving a lot).

The T80 drove right up to the house, looked like it was trying to drive through the house =). Then I remembered the satchel I placed and blew it. T80 crew was dead and tank itself very heavily crippled.

I dashed for the tank and found out I could still drive it. Although only backwards and forwards =)).

So I drove off in the tank towards the sea. No one came after me and once I was as far away as I could I got out and started hiking back passing the fence on the left through the water (took out the guard in the watchtower).

And I lived happily ever after ;-)

The coolest way to complete this mission is to crawl through the front gate and position yourself in some bushes above the base. Snipe everything in site and make a mad dash for the Hinds. With some skillful LAW and stolen RPG work, take out the roving tanks and get one of those Hinds airborne. (took 3 or 4 tries 'cause the T-80's will blast you while the rotors are picking up speed) Then sit back, relax and destroy anything that moves with some serious air-to-ground firepower (kill the shilka's hiding below general's house). Then land by the house, stroll in and help yourself to the papers. Stealing the Hinds in "Hind Attack" is also a truely satisfying method of completion.

Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who don't. biggrin.gif

I basically crawled all the way from the main gate via the camp to the house killing every russian i saw (and reloading my mag) I then got to the tents and hid/moved around there killing off the guards. Crawled into the house got the docs and set a charge.

Coming out I moved down to the sea and walked along untill i came to the fence Walked/swam round and hey presto home.

It took time but worked first time (luck?)

QR