Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

Potential bug on rooftoop helipads on the MD500

Hi Guys,

Is there any one else that has tried to land on a building rooftop helipad and then get out of the helicopter while the rotor and the engines are running?

Does your helicopter take off immediately just to crash 4 seconds latter?

This estrange behaviour has been reproduced in two different helipads in free flight mode and with the default MD500 configuration (just pilot no external load).

By the way this simulator rocks!!! BIS, you made my month!!! Thank you very much. :)

Now it is official I will buy the game twice. :bounce3:

Do you have the coordinates of one of the offending helipads?

In my experience, landing the chopper and getting out is perfectly safe. :)

I can't reproduce this either. I landed on many roofs with helipads and never experienced this.

Is your collective fully down? Throttle to idle is also recommended before getting out, though even then a real pilot will probably slap you for abandoning the aircraft with the engines running ;)

Yes, my collective was fully down, now I have tried engine at idle and yes, if the MD500 is on idle it doesn't bounce up... I'm not going to say fair enough but... it's good to know how to keep the canary down.

Thanks

So aside from landing on rooftops and your helo fly by itself once you get out. There's another problem with helos behaving strangely. So if you're on the ground and you start typing in chat with / command your helo will take off on it's own like on autopilot or something. Or when you're flying or have set down on the ground and your press the esc button to goto your menu, the helicopter will fly all by itself and when you get out of the menu you're in mid air and usually you have your collective full down so you end up crashing or something which is really annoying.

Also, while you can land on rooftops, you also "can" land on ships. Exept in this instance, the helicopter actually do jump around, and moving ships are potentially lethal. If you land (or try) on a moving ship, the same 'jumping around' occurs but worse yet, you do not move with the boat.

That is interesting, in FSX happened kind of the same with moving boats, I guess collision detection and dynamics become complex on that kind of situation.