Sign in to follow this  
160thSOAR

How to Play Music Over VON?

I tried to search for this, as I know I've seen a thread about it before, but I couldn't find anything.

I've heard people who are able to play music tracks over Vehicle VON. How do you do this? It would be pretty cool to be able to do that while on long car/helicopter rides and such.

Thanks!

Simple low-tech solution: play music over speakers and hold your microphone up to them. ;)

Alternatively, I believe there are programs out there that give you a kind of "sound board" functionality, basically mixing audio from sound files directly into the microphone input channel, but I'm not sure what they are called or whether they come in the "free and easy to use" variety.

Depending on your sound drivers you can turn up/on stereo mix in Windows 7(what you hear gets sent out on net) at right click lower left speakers on desktop, recording devices, right click on white area to show disabled devices.

You might want to turn your game audio down.

I'm trying to use Audacity to format Highway to the Danger Zone. I converted it to a .ogg file and stuck it in my Sound folder. Unfortunately, it's about 4,000 Kb. Any advice?

Don't EVER do a whole song, try to keep it to 15 seconds or less. Anything more gets way too annoying... and to some even the sounds at all are annoying. Just a warning, that's all. :)

Some servers won't even allow customs sounds at all.

the max file size for playing over VON is 50kb :[ so yeah....... it wont even show up if its over 50kb thus is why your 4000 kb file would not appear.

i know this thread is super old (like 2 years old) but hell id thought id let anyone wondering the same thing know what's up