Sign in to follow this  
160thSOAR

160thSOAR's Stupid Questions Thread

This is basically where I will ask any questions I have about the campaign & AI commanding.

I am currently playing the BAF campaign, and have just finished the second mission. A few questions about it, though.

1. How do I get all of my people to climb into the Jackals? It seems that there is usually an empty seat that the AI refuses to use.

2. Why can't I get the other Jackal to follow the one I'm driving? I tried to get it to follow me with the "regroup" command, but it didn't seem to want to go anywhere. I gave it a move command to go to the next objective, and it popped up there eventually, to my great fortune.

3. After having issues with the second Jackal, I used just one Jackal on the mission until killing the thieves and retrieving the doctor's car. Then, I had to drive the car back over to the village. I ordered "2" to get in the driver's seat of the Jackal and gave him a "move to ____" command, but he just climbed out and ran over. Luckily, the second Jackal had arrived by that time, so I just used that one.

Those are all of my dumb questions for now. Thanks!

1. you should have 2 vehicles so all of your people should fit. if i remember correctly a jackal can hold 5 people (commander, driver, gunner, 2 passenger). order everyone into one vehicle, then those who don't fit, order into the second.

2. the method you mentioned should work. have vehicle 1 (the one you are in) move up the road a few meters (like 50), and give vehicle 2 the regroup command. this give the AI enough room to move around but no far enough to freak it out. alternatively you can give both vehicles the same move order, and they should move together in formation

3. Either the vehicle was damaged and the AI bailed out, or you need to give the order to the vehicle commander (who ever's icon shows the vehicle). some times if you give a subordinate a command who is a driver in a commanded vehicle, he will derp and run off on his own.

hope this is accurate

About number 2, also make sure that you use the "column" (I think that's the name) formation. Then, the second vehicle will follow behind you. If you have a "line" formation (which I think is the default), the second vehicle will want to keep formation beside you. That means it will go off road to place itself next to you when you stop.

I found that the column formation makes it much easier to have the second Jackal follow behind you in this mission.

2. If you ride fast you must sometime wait few moments for other vehiclas in your team to come back to your position.

3. Like That guy write vehicle was damaged.