Sign in to follow this  
GFX707

Gfx707's bunker pack 3 released!

TS4.jpg

TSS2.jpg

TSS4.jpg

This pack contains a rather experimental addon for OFP - trenches....or at least as close as seems possible with the current engine. There are 4 different sections of trench that you can assemble yourself - a straight section, a straight section topped with barbed wire, a corner section and an end section. Also included is an MG Pillbox for both east and west that you can both hide in as a building and 'get into' as gunner like a vehicle containing an m2 machine gun and a rolled wire fence that you can place around trenches and bunkers to harden the defenses in your missions

http://members.iomartdsl.com/~s.mcculloch/bunkerpack3.zip

Sweet stuff, once again. Keep up the good work.

what's an m113a3....? I don't remember ever making one of those, and if I did, I obviously didn't know what I was making

confused.gif

I like these bunkers very much but ive found one thing

when i (as a spetznatz) plant a bomb in the bunker while a west soldier mans it he doesnt die from the explosion

FW

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ June 01 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what's an m113a3....? I don't remember ever making one of those, and if I did, I obviously didn't know what I was making

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You called the addon "GFX M113-2." It was a model of the M113A3 currently used by the U.S. Army.

As for the this addon, Id say it was a pretty damn good idea, but still needs a lot of work. Heres a list of bugs I found:

-trenches only match up when they are placed next to eachother on perfectly flat ground. I dont think this can be fixed though

-disable the texture shading if possible, when they are put side by side the shades are in a messed up order, i.e. it goes from dark to light, then back to dark.

-texture on the inside walls of the end trench section is missing

-bullets go through the trenches, makes a trench kinda useless if it doesnt give protection

-sometimes, the barbed wire on the trench cant be seen through, i.e. if there is a soldier on one side of the wire and you are on the other, you cant see him through it.

-When ordering a soldier to go to a trench, the trench is identified as a "target", i.e. you get the message "2, go to Target, 5 o'clock." Id suggest changing it to "building"

-When ordering a soldier to go to a trench, he stands on the front side of the trench instead of inside of it. I dont know if this can be changed but you might want to give it a try.

-there is a dramatic texture difference in the different LOD's of the MG pillbox. It looks really messed up when you are running over to the pillbox and all of a sudden it totally changes colors.

-there is an annoying turret sound when using the M2 in the pillbox

-The icon for a soldier in a pillbox is an M113, Id suggest making a custom icon.

Once you fix these problems it will be pretty much perfect. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ June 01 2002,22:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

As for the this addon, Id say it was a pretty damn good idea, but still needs a lot of work.  Heres a list of bugs I found:

-trenches only match up when they are placed next to eachother on perfectly flat ground.  I dont think this can be fixed though

I spent a LONG time lining it all up before I released this pack. If you had read the readme you would know I said they don't like slopes confused.gif

-disable the texture shading if possible, when they are put side by side the shades are in a messed up order, i.e. it goes from dark to light, then back to dark.

Yup, that will be fixed

edit - fixed

-texture on the inside walls of the end trench section is missing

hadn't noticed, I will fix that

edit - fixed

-bullets go through the trenches, makes a trench kinda useless if it doesnt give protection

This was tested and if you mean they go RIGHT through the whole trench I have not encountered this at all. They will go through the wire on the trench though

confused.gif

-sometimes, the barbed wire on the trench cant be seen through, i.e. if there is a soldier on one side of the wire and you are on the other, you cant see him through it.

That's an engine bug

-When ordering a soldier to go to a trench, the trench is identified as a "target", i.e. you get the message "2, go to Target, 5 o'clock."  Id suggest changing it to "building"

I will try and fix this, not sure how

-When ordering a soldier to go to a trench, he stands on the front side of the trench instead of inside of it.  I dont know if this can be changed but you might want to give it a try.

I will have a look at this too

-there is a dramatic texture difference in the different LOD's of the MG pillbox.  It looks really messed up when you are running over to the pillbox and all of a sudden it totally changes colors.

I changed the textures about 2 minutes before I released it, and forgot to change the other LODs. Thanks for telling me

edit - fixed

-there is an annoying turret sound when using the M2 in the pillbox

Will try to fix this, atm its just the default turret sound

-The icon for a soldier in a pillbox is an M113, Id suggest making a custom icon.

I will change this too

Once you fix these problems it will be pretty much perfect. smile.gif

thanks biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr ThunderMakeR @ June 01 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GFX707 @ June 01 2002,21:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what's an m113a3....? I don't remember ever making one of those, and if I did, I obviously didn't know what I was making

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You called the addon "GFX M113-2."  It was a model of the M113A3 currently used by the U.S. Army.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, yes. I took that down, if you really want it I will put it back up but there are some bugs that need to be sorted out

I also fixed the 'hedgehog' in bunker pack 2. It was using a model I had made for testing and I forgot to change it

it now looks like this -

H1.jpg