Sign in to follow this  
MajorModz

3D editor

Does A2Free include the 3D Editor. Alt "E" only takes me into the standard editor. If it is included do I need to run a startup script/config to get access to it ?

I can't seem to find a definative answer anywhere.

The standard editor does not allow Z axis manipulation (without scripting) ?

Hit ALT E in the main menu to get to the 3D Editor. This works in the full version...not sure about Arma 2 Free.

I'm thinking the 3D editor just needs to be enabled "setEditorMode" or "allow3DMode" perhaps.

Stop thinking! Did you try ALT and E in the Main Menu (first menu)? That's the way you get into the 3D editor!

If it does not work.... well then it does not work in Arma 2 Free.

Alt "E" only takes me into the standard editor.

So the answer to your ? = yes.

Arma 2: Free redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities. A2Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer - minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.

Where does it state the 3D editor is not included? More then likely it's simply disabled.

A word of advice mate. You're in trouble if you expect to find info on everything in this game clearly laid out for you. It doesn't work like that.

I know it as ALT and E...but you're welcome to try every single key combo on you keyboard if you like.

Why not just buy Arma 2 and support BIS!

Perhaps I should have given the topic a more unique title like "A2Free 3D Editor?", my bad.

Yes, the keyboard combo to open the 3D editor has always been [Alt E] from the main menu.

As far as I know the camera works the same as your controls for player/vehicle movement....like a helicopter.

My situation is this, A2Free is my 1st experience with BI software. However it is not my 1st when it comes to editors. I'm just more attuned to working in a 3D enviornment.

The question is simply, does A2Free support the "built in" 3D editing mode?

The answer may or may not be a simple yes or no. Example: Yes it does support 3D editing, but the feature has been disabled. It may be re-enabled by placing "this" in the player profile config.

If the answer is simply no, then I will be forced to script or use 3rd party software. Which is a stretch considering A2Free is free.

In all reality the 3D mode is the least of my concerns when it comes to the editor. In the few days that I've toyed with the standard editor some complications arose in what seemed to be very uncomplicated patrol routes.

Example: Island Utes, Unit Vodnik loads Group Infantry Section at the Airfield then moves to Strelka. There the Vodnik unloads the Infantry Section which does a quick sweep while the Vodnik repositions to meet them. The Infantry Section is loaded and the Vodnik moves Kamenyy where the routine is repeated. The Vodnik returns to the Airfield transporting the Infantry Section. The patrol is then looped with a cycle waypoint. It performs this patrol route endlessly with a hitch.....that is until my Independent Guerilla Player takes out the Infantry Section during their sweep, and then the Vodnik just sits there forever waiting to load Infantry that never show up.

I've tried practically every combination of waypoints, syncronizations, triggers, and timers to make the Vodnik continue the patrol route even if the Infantry don't show at the respective waypoints. I have expiramented with this scenario having the AI units Grouped and Ungrouped in various manners (Infantry Section Leader high rank, Vodnik Unit high rank). Any AI remaining after an encounter that sense "clear" need to continue the patrol route.

Is what I'm asking of the AI possible using only standard functions of the editor without scripting ?

In my play testing I have noted that AI (stragglers) tend to high-tail it back towards the Airfield after an encounter that goes badly for them. Morale loss in the lower ranking Units ?

A word of advice mate. You're in trouble if you expect to find info on everything in this game clearly laid out for you. It doesn't work like that.

Why not just buy Arma 2 and support BIS!

Hahaha, aye. ^^ One way or another you will find that out, though the possibilities of what you can do is endless (literally). The method however, is debatable. But seriously, BUY the game! - Free2Play is nothing compared to the official game, and it's only like 20$ (make sure to get the combined operations).

Don't say it's too much, mow the lawn once = year's of fun.

BIS is the only company I know that actually still plays the game they make, as well as care for it's community.

I opened the 3d editor on arma2.

Is it there a tutorial?

When I try to put some unit in the world, the group and type menu are empty :(

I can place only empty object.

I thought I can open 2d mission but it don't seams so.

What are "command", "guarded point" and Din0?

From what I remember you have to create a center for each faction before you can place a unit.

Click around and you will find it.

From what I remember you have to create a center for each faction before you can place a unit.

Click around and you will find it.

Thank you, I'll try.