Sign in to follow this  
daman3

Does speed influence fuel?

Hello,

does it make any difference driving in Q, W or E speed regarding fuel consumption?

Will a Skoda or A10 jet waste more fuel when driven at high speed and vice

versa?

Because I'm thinking about driving with less speed to achieve greater

ranger then, especially with the helicopters, who don't seem to have enough

fuel for 30-40 minutes straight flight.

Not sure. You can measure it with scripting though.

Hello,

does it make any difference driving in Q, W or E speed regarding fuel consumption?

Will a Skoda or A10 jet waste more fuel when driven at high speed and vice

versa?

Because I'm thinking about driving with less speed to achieve greater

ranger then, especially with the helicopters, who don't seem to have enough

fuel for 30-40 minutes straight flight.

I guess not since cars seem to comsume the same amount at idle compared to full speed. Thats why A.I. runs out of fuel in A2 so often while waiting. The fuel comsumption if way off anyway... a HMMWV in ArmA has a range of only 120km. Edited by Beagle

Wouldn't want to go on my hols in one of their cars or aircraft, although the driving ai will pop in for fuel if running low should they be near to a filling station, aircraft however tend to fall out of the sky if they are an aeroplane or land in some far off place and carry on to the waypoint on foot if it’s a heli… Support crews if placed will help out trucks etc, but it’s a little slow and they rarely make it to the broken down truck if its near a combat zone..

Quite easy fix if its flying your doing and its you who just need ai help i.e. say for instance your on a mission flying around for hours as support for ops, you run low on fuel, find somewhere safe to land and call in a re-placement heli if that’s what your flying, new pilot will fly out to you with more or less fully fuelled heli, fully armed, he flies your old heli back, job done (you do have to remember to leave him a little fuel to get back) ..

Two ways to do this 1; he’s a part of your group, set at friendly airbase waiting (I don't do this as its a little unrealistic having an active member of your group sat around doing nothing right from the off-go) or 2 if you don’t really want an extra group member at the start of your mission, he could be a reserve pilot waiting for a radio message from you to fly out, therefore becomes under your command whilst delivering your re-placement heli.. you can set this up easily a few times if needed.. can do it with aeroplanes as well if you want provided you can find a safe handy airstrip....

There is no scripting needed for this...

Will post a couple of pics if you want me to show the set-up, let me know and I will do them..

Edit: Forgot to mention that second way would have the reserve pilot under your command for the remainder of the mission, could of course bring you another heli should you need it later.. who knows..

Edited by HR4 Elite
new text

Yes, in my experience it takes more fuel if you use boost. Not sure about E. Some vehicles have a really small fueltank, while others seem to never run out of fuel.