Sign in to follow this  
walker

Cyber Attack hits Japanese Military Infrastructure

Hi all

Japanese missile, aircraft and Naval assets are among those hit by a seemingly co-ordinated attack Infrastructure.

20 September 2011 Last updated at 12:25

Japan defence firm Mitsubishi Heavy in cyber attack Sic

Japan's top weapons maker has confirmed it was the victim of a cyber attack reportedly targeting data on missiles, submarines and nuclear power plants.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) said viruses were found on more than 80 of its servers and computers last month.

The government said it was not aware of any leak of sensitive information.

But the defence ministry has demanded MHI carry out a full investigation. Officials were angered after learning of the breach from local media reports...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14982906

As always follow the link to the original article in full

Think there is a typo in the title I think it should read: "Japan defence firm Mitsubishi in Heavy cyber attack"

I wonder what Chinese Government's reaction would be to having the Great Firewall of China taken down by a distributed attack?

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Think there is a typo in the title I think it should read: "Japan defence firm Mitsubishi in Heavy cyber attack"

No, it's "Mitsubishi Heavy Industries", that's distinct from "Mitsubishi Motors Company"

Same goes for Daewoo in Korea...they have Daewoo Heavy and Deawoo Motors.

Edited by Beagle

No, it's "Mitsubishi Heavy Industrires", that's distinct from "Mitsubishi Motors Company"

Same goes for Daewoo in Korea...they have Daewoo Heavy and Deawoo Motors.

Hi all

To Sickboy and Beagle hense why I did not change it and put think but thank you for clearing it up!

Kind Regards walker

Hmm, these hackers stop nowhere, do they? Who was it, the koreans or the chinese?

Probably just some cunt in a pagoda dossing their website and plonking in a virus when their server reboots without protection. It isn't just governments who can act like complete retards.

Chinese got what they wanted and expect new ships by 2014 :)