Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

Passing on High Command after dead

How do you get the next in command to have access to High Command menu should the leader die -especially in MP. Sync'ing them all to the module doesn't work.

Perhaps something with:

Trigger:

Repeatedly

Condition: !alive (leader groupname)

Delay: 1 Second

Activation: BIS_HCM synchronizeObjectsAdd [(leader groupname)];

Where BIS_HCM is the Module name and groupname the name of the group that is being synced.

Just a guess I haven't tried it.

I was trying:

!alive Bravo;
B1 hcSetGroup [_Warthog];

Where Bravo is leader, B1 is 2nd in command and Warthog is the armored unit under Bravo at start.

I also tried your trigger, but didnt have any luck yet. Surely this has been solved somewhere before!

Hehe, ok I got it. This stuff is tough when you haven't opened the editor in a few years :p

Was wrongly using unit name rather then its team name and giving a bigger delay on trigger seemed to do the trick.

Gents,

I get this to an extent. Only trouble is, the replacement leader's group (in my case) seems to be the only unit under HC control after the trigger is triggered. Any ideas as to how to correct this?

Well i've only bothered with the 1st top 3 in command. Basically just keep making

Condition: !alive b1
          Activation: b2 hcSetGroup [_Warthog];

type stuff all the way down the chain.

hey froggyluv this was the old thread with your code that you said you got to work. I had no luck passing down the high command function within a 4 man command staff group. Only the leader has the ability and when he is dead the high command function ends with the leader.

I have this working now as a matter of course. I am making a demo scenario for this to demonstrate some high command features, hopefully by Sunday. It's going to be a platoon-sized thing with team switching, transfering HC command after a player's death, and even changing HC commander while HC commanders are alive. Stay tuned!

I have this working now as a matter of course. I am making a demo scenario for this to demonstrate some high command features, hopefully by Sunday. It's going to be a platoon-sized thing with team switching, transfering HC command after a player's death, and even changing HC commander while HC commanders are alive. Stay tuned!

HeyJames McKenzie-Smith I would love to see that demo when you are done. I have been working on a mission with team switch and the high command function. The high command fucntion lets you move around mutiple groups with out the team switch bug of the group leader always going back into his vehicle when you team switch into a different unit.

Any update on this ? would be the ultimate Arma function for me :-)

thanks for your efforts

I did a radical redesign of my usual HC system, so that has caused a delay, that and a pretty unpleasant bit of poisoning. Having said that, I am close to being done! Apologies for the delay.

The things people do to avoid bringing out ground-breaking addons !!! Sheesh !

Still pushing ahead, working out the bugs. Heli insertions alternately looking sublime, or like an air assault version of the Keystone Kops right now. Thanks for your enthusiasm, lads, although Kremator gives me far too much credit.

To the OP and others, I have just gone back to using this in a trigger...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118902-High-Command-Module-improvements&p=2049885#post2049885

...as lucilk's solution is in the end best, and is most compatible with my own work. It ceases to work in looong scenarios, although I have found a fix for it, as far as I can tell. It will, in the meantime, serve pretty well for people who want to use HC with more flexibility. Lucilk deserves all of the credit for it, note. I am just a user of a useful bit of scripting.

Any progress Jim ?, being entirely selfish, I'm just interested in the switching command bit. You got a mission to share ? Maybe with a heads up we could help out ? Be happy to do so

This sounds like a useful idea.

Looking forward to demo mission.

GHOG

Here is a VERY basic mission to demonstrate the whole Passing on High Command after dead thing. This is lucilk's solution; my own just kept failing. Even this needed a bit of faffing about with triggers in order to get it to work in complex scenarios lasting more than an hours.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rqx81bsv6qsc5yy

Just delete the units and copy and paste it into your missions, or merge it. You all know what to do.

And here it is in action, in a new HC template.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131589-High-Command-template-The-US-Army-Ranger-platoon

Holy Cow ! Mate that is a remarkable piece of work right there ! The Ranger platoon is bloody marvellous....just gotta figure it all out now :0)

Thanks for your efforts, good job