Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Is the new net code done yet?

Is the new net code done yet?

I mean like not the demo version, but the real one.

There is a MP beta test kicking around.... 1.60. It has improved the net code heaps. Down load it and give it a run. BIS do appreciate the feed back on the code. BIS have also added an on-line game browser with this version. This is your chance to have some input to the net code and any new features they have added.

What's an online game browser?

You mean like the "all seeing eye"?

Tell them that all I want is the ability to be able to tell how much time is left in a game while looking at the list of games.'

Even if it's just a number besides the game representing the time left.

I hate having to browse a dozen games just to find one that has like 5 minutes left on it.

Hell, once I am in the lobby, I can't really tell how much time is left. I gotta ask the players. All it shows is how much time has already passed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ May 31 2002,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tell them that all I want is the ability to be able to tell how much time is left in a game while looking at the list of games.

Hell, once I am in the lobby, I can't really tell how much time is left.  I gotta ask the players.  All it shows is how much time has already passed.<span id='postcolor'>

Showing time left can be done even in 1.46, but it requires some work on side of mission designer. Almost all official mission were upgraded to have this feature enabled (if it makes sense at all - you can hadly tell how much time is left in mission like 2-5 Cooperative: Hostage Rescue).

Time left is shown in Game in progress looby and it should be also passed to GameSpy (in a rule data).

That interface on 1.46 is aweful!!!

I mean where you choose sides. Why do we need a picture of the soldiers there to show us east west ect it makes the game seem more childish or like those other lame FPS's out there. Very bad.

The old interface was perfect. 2 Drop boxes side by side east, and west. All they needed to do was fix the scroll issue.

Other than that I didnt experience any improvement with the netcode while testing the beta. I dont know what I am supposed to expect but the lag desync all seemed the same on Fraghaus, and Stoners is where I tested it.

The server browser was cool though very nice feature.

but all in all I am hoping the next upgrade will be more an improvement on gameplay itself then wasted energy trying to change the look, and add features.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ May 31 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Showing time left can be done even in 1.46, but it requires some work on side of mission designer. Almost all official mission were upgraded to have this feature enabled (if it makes sense at all - you can hadly tell how much time is left in mission like 2-5 Cooperative: Hostage Rescue).

Time left is shown in Game in progress looby and it should be also passed to GameSpy (in a rule data).<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

BIS made it sooooo easy to implement....."estimatedtimeleft param1" is all you need to put in your mission......than ASE's timeleft field works just fine.  Yell at every mission designer you see who doesn't use this very easy to use feature:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT KAMAI USMC @ May 31 2002,19:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That interface on 1.46 is aweful!!!

I mean where you choose sides. Why do we need a picture of the soldiers there to show us east west ect it makes the game seem more childish or like those other lame FPS's out there. Very bad.

The old interface was perfect. 2 Drop boxes side by side east, and west. All they needed to do was fix the scroll issue.

Other than that I didnt experience any improvement with the netcode while testing the beta. I dont know what I am supposed to expect but the lag desync all seemed the same on Fraghaus, and Stoners is where I tested it.

The server browser was cool though very nice feature.

but all in all I am hoping the next upgrade will be more an improvement on gameplay itself then wasted energy trying to change the look, and add features.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, I love 1.60 interface. Much faster to start a game and way better. Also as other peoples said add a timeleft feature for the in-game browser smile.gif.

Nice job with the net code and everything, i dont know what I would like moree smile.gif

I dont agree it takes longer to switch between east and west to see who needs more players to even teams up ect. The side by side boxes were much better.

I'm with Kamai on this one.

BTW, Suma do you think it would be that difficult to change the mission in progress, etc. Messages to a different color so you can see the main channel text over them. Their both white as it is and it makes it difficult to see.

But in the pool section it shows what team u are on w/ a flag...... u could just count those or I think I read somewere that they were going to implement something were there is a little # that shows how many on each team.

Timeleft doesn't really work with coop missions, since we don't know when the mission will be over. CTF missions, yeah, timeleft can help alot if you want to wait or not. But in coop, it's a different ballgame.

-=Die Alive=-

I'll upgrade all my missions to include timeleft..

Arghh i've just been lazy i guess, now I have to do 15 all at once.

Don't think i'll have time to upgrade all of GP's 200 missions.. eek.