Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

Need upload space for my OFP Sound replacement mod (20mb+).

It's now 1:13am here in Hobart.

My ADSL connection is waiting for a download of the pack..... Satchel said the other day it will be ready in 2-3 hours.

I hope he is not a perfectionist, and will spend 10 days getting those tiny little "bugs" out here and there.

He can patch those kind of things.

Good work!

its know 15,17 in germany =)

the hole community is waiting and waiting and waiting.....

satchel u lovelie guy go on!!!

"its finished when its finished" as some guy said. dont rush it

Hey, we are equipped with M16s and AK74! If he does not surrender the soundpack were gonna shoot them in front of him untill his ears fall off from boredom of muzzled soundeffects.

But we aint rushing him, never.

Now where IS that M16, I know I put it somewhere...

SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHE

L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SATCHEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need the pack come one bABE smile.gif

Need .......................... this .................................... addon ............................................ badly ...............................urg...

Considering the circumstances i guess i have no choice but to release an early version of the package, so better consider it as BETA.

Here´s a snap of the included readme:

About:

This Sound replacement/addon package will add/replace more than 100 standard OFP sounds,

ranging from Weapons, over environmental effects to vehicles.

It´s pretty much beta phase currently, it doesn´t sound quite as i want it to yet, lots of adjustments

have to be made and some sounds are still the original ones, because i havn´t found satisfying

samples for those objects yet.

I´m releasing it now, because many people ask for it, also i would like to hear your feedback for

future improvements of the package.

I´ve tested it for hours, both on and offline, it worked on my system without any problem,

but Client/Server must have for online play.

FADE copy protection was not triggered by this replacement/addon, at least this long till Bohemia

or Codemasters decide to change the code in future patches, so even with new updated config.cpp file it must

not necessary work with OFP versions after 1.30.

Content of this .rar file:

- Readme.txt

- CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo

- config.cpp

Requirements:

- Operation Flashpoint ver. 1.30

Installation:

1) Backup your ..Flashpoint\BIN folder and put it to a safe place!

2) Unrar the package with Winrar, the CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo goes in your Flashpoint/ADDONS-

and the config.cpp file in your Flashpoint\BIN folder.

3) Delete the original config.bin file located in your Flashpoint\BIN folder.

From now on when you start OFP you will have always the new sounds, in all your OFP games.

To uninstall simply delete the CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo and config.cpp then copy your \BIN folder back.

Known issues:

- Gatling guns only sound proper in burst mode as they are not continiously looped full length 8i don´t want to use this method because of abrupt sound stop),

but i´ve already processing new samples that should do just fine.

-"Plosives", some sounds are very loud.

- inside cockpit sounds of vehicles are to low.

- The A10 has not the correct inside cockpit engine sound as disribed in a post above, a list of complete OFP sound commands and how they work would be a major help.

- Sounds of Addon´s like the M2Bradley are currently unmodified, although most are using references to the main config.bin (cpp)

file and therefore have partially new sounds.

P.S: You will experience different rocket behaviour, as i modified all missile types to real world specs.

I deleted a folder containing my unmodified config.bin with standard specs by accident, but no great deal, i think you will enjoy the new rocket behaviour.

As soon as the website for this sound project goes

up, i will have 2 config.cpp´s available, one for realism nuts like i am one, and one with original

setups for weapons, both working with the CCIÅ‚AudioSFX sound replacement.

The realism file will feature the correct gun for every vehicle plus correct ammunition types and labeling.

Future releases of this package will contain a whole bunch of improvements, as new sound effects, selectable in the mission Editor like; Swamp, Desert, Night, Thunderstorm, Urban, harbour, airstrip ambiences to name a few, along with other gizmos.

Do not forget to consider this release as a preview, or as BETA, it´s by no means finished.

========================================

King Kongs Server doesn´t work, there is to little space to host 13 MB (size of the package).

I will be online for 2 hours, got ICQ running, so if you have webspace and want to upload it i can send it to you.

ICQ # 69613588

(Edited by Satchel at 8:55 am on Dec. 10, 2001)

shut up! we need this to be as much tested and best, so that it blows us away.

unlike the demo of op flash, which just spoiled the full game as it was released too early with to little of anything good.

i think you should all just cool and wait, if youve got nothing else to do but wait by your computer all day refreshing the post to see if the download has been posted, then youre just plain sad.

Getting it now, will have it mirror up in Australia in no time, If Wireplay are feeling worky today tounge.gif

Thanks for the effort Satchel and to all those who have contributed info / web space to the mod. It's great to play OFP with sounds that have some punch!

I personally haven't got a clue as to what real guns / heavy weapons sound like so I'm hoping that those who have real-life experience can provide you with some constructive feedback smile.gif

By the way... What's this about a sound project web-site ? Is just you or a group that's involved with it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from King Kong on 12:54 am on Dec. 11, 2001

Very nice,

The AK and M16 sounds are a bit unrealistic tough.

<span id='postcolor'>

Actually the core M16 Sound is ripped out of a shooting video, only thing i added is the echo/Hall effect and louder powdergasexplosion.

It might sound "unrealistic" in your opponion because the volume is a bit high and i used dynamics as well as some bass to make the powder gas explosion louder and more violent, but the sound basically is original.

The AK-74 is partially out of Ghost Recon with overlayed AK74 SU sound from a .ra file (that was of to low soundquality to use standalone), a bit more punch+ added hall effect.

As i said above, if you think the sounds are unrealistic you should have either shoot those weapons, or have high quality video/audio recordings of it for comparison.

You don´t have to forget that almost no 2 soundsamples on the net of a single weapon are sounding the same, it depends on quality of the microphone used during the recording, the samplerate, format, environment of the recording amongst other factors.

I have 3 AK-47 clips, in each clip the AK-47 sounds different, they are of low quality in addition.

So hard to say whats realistic and not, unless you shot the weapon yourself....you can´t compare them with CS or any other game, that would be nonsense, as they live with the same limitations.

The G3 for example in CS is a joke compared to the real thing, it doesn´t sound this way. Same is true with all G36´s i heard in games or on the net so far. The later one shouldn´t be the problem, as this weapon is issued to me. Next time we´re going to the shooting range i can record the sound, as well as bullet impacts and supersonic whip sound- although i don´t have high quality equipment (microphone/recorder) but an old "Ghetto Blaster" with mic in and a quite normal microphone out of discount both a couple of years old, but it´s surely better than anything i could find in the net so far.

The best and most authentic weapon sound i have heard so far in a game/ on the net is the tripple burst of the MG3 in Ghost Recon, but sadly not usable in OFP. It would be a great sound for the Invasion 1944 Mod, as the MG3 is based on the MG42, the later one does have a higher rate of fire.

(Edited by Satchel at 3:10 am on Dec. 11, 2001)

I installed it as asked and i get no sounds at all , exect the ones that you never changed in the first place.

;-( , I have 1.30 of OFP too, and its a fully legal copy.

Help me!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from 84 Charlie MoPic on 2:01 am on Dec. 11, 2001

Thanks for the effort Satchel and to all those who have contributed info / web space to the mod. It's great to play OFP with sounds that have some punch!

I personally haven't got a clue as to what real guns / heavy weapons sound like so I'm hoping that those who have real-life experience can provide you with some constructive feedback  smile.gif

By the way... What's this about a sound project web-site ?  Is just you or a group that's involved with it?

<span id='postcolor'>

Currently this a one man project, but i wouldn´t mind like minded people joining in, especially those that have the possibility to record real life weapon sounds of the weapons used in OFP without background noises, cause almost everything you find on the web is crap and unusable.

ok I tried out most of the units and here are my 2 cents worth of feedback

the AK74 doesnt sound that great i suggest using the ghost recon AK sounds as sample they sound pretty good

then the MP5 sounds a bit too metallic maybe muffle it a bit, i send two videos to your email address that i found in your icq profile.

The PK is too muffled it doesnt sound like it packs any punch, imo it sounds like its being fired a mile away

The SU25's 30mm well how should i put this nicely

it sounds like crap lol it reminds me of radio static i'd say pitch it and redo that one

high rates of fire sound more like a continuous roar

The AH64 cannon sound isnt right it has a chain gun which fires around 500rpm so it sounds like BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM when fired and not like a multi-barrel gun

I find the rest to be pretty cool, I really like what you did to the M2 MG’s and the flying plane that sounds extremly tight

I’m looking forward to the next release smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 2:06 am on Dec. 11, 2001

I installed it as asked and i get no sounds at all , exect the ones that you never changed in the first place.

;-( , I have 1.30 of OFP too, and its a fully legal copy.

Help me!

<span id='postcolor'>

Have you deleted the original OFP config.bin file in the /BIN folder after you backed it up and put the config.cpp file in instead? Or are both, the config.bin and config.cpp file in your /BIN folder?

Also be sure to place the CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo in your /addons folder, double check it.

If you have followed these steps, it shouldn´t cause problems.

Yeah i put the pbo in the addons folder

and the ccp in the BIN folder

then i deleted the config.bin that was in there (backed it all up first)

when i go into the game i cant hear gunshots or anything.....

sad.gif

Try to change all "CCIÅ‚AudioSFX" strings to, for example, "SatchelAudioSFX" in config.cpp...

Then change name of file CCIÅ‚AudioSFX.pbo lacated in AddOn folder to SatchelAudioSFX.pbo...

The best way to change the strings is doing that in MS Word and then saving file in MS-DOS txt format...

I hope that this will work for you...

I noticed that the CCI3 file that comes in the .rar is called CCInAudioSFX.pbo

it doesent have the little 3 on it, and i dont know how to get it up.

Also it tured my winrar into german so i figure the addon has a character my PC cant read or display...

Satchel will you be releasing an English verison?