Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

ArmADev Eclipse Plugin

Hello Alwarren!

The last time we spoke, I PM'd you when I realise now, I should have just posted here.

You said previously you were looking for an efficient way of keeping the syntax highlighting up to date, and maybe add a parser to the SQF editor so that syntax errors can be detected? Is there any updates on this?

As I think I said in the PM, we heavily use Eclipse and your ArmADev when coding with ALiVE. It would be awesome if it could pick up what we still use SQUINT for which is forced-reformatting and code audit hints for simple errors and best practices.

Would love to see more work from you with this plugin! And thanks for all your efforts so far - excellent job!!

I recently went back to ArmaDev. I was looking at using XText to implement the editor, since it gives a lot of extra features. I have, because it was easier to experiment with, no implemented a config script editor with XText that seems to work reasonably well (parsing the strings is a pain in the arse though because of the double quotes), I'm now looking at generating a grammar for SQF based on the info from the 'supportInfo' command.

Glad to hear someone is actually using it :D Which reminds me, I'll have to try out Alive myself...

Great to hear man! Early access tester here if you want one! :D

I'll keep that in mind :D

I know I'm kinda necro'ing this thread but I use this tool nearly every day and would love to be able to update the function dictionary or at least see an update with all of the arma 3 functions (there's quite a few missing). Is there going to be an update to this? If not could you release the source so that we can update ourselves as needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I know I'm kinda necro'ing this thread but I use this tool nearly every day and would love to be able to update the function dictionary or at least see an update with all of the arma 3 functions (there's quite a few missing). Is there going to be an update to this? If not could you release the source so that we can update ourselves as needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yeah, I realize I stretched myself too thin and am neglecting projects. I have a bit of an update to ArmaDev, I should really release an update and/or open-source it... I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for this great tool. Would love to see an update though ;)

Greets from EUTW

You should definitely open-source it. I was a heavy user of your plugin until I wanted to extend some of the functionality.

As you haven't done anything on it for so long I (still) considered it dead so I started work on my own. However I would have much preferred to simply extend your plugin.

You should github it.

I know plenty of people that still use sublime or even notepad++ but at best they simply offer code highlighting.

Actually, I am working on it again right at this moment, since a couple of days. I was in need of a better way to edit stringtable.xml, so I was adding support for that. I intend to make the syntax highlighting configurable.

I am still tossing around the idea of making it open-source, or make it a project on e.g. dev-heaven or github and maybe make it a collaborative effort. Obviously, I need to clean it up a bit to get it in shape for such a step, but in the long run, it will be better that way since, as you pointed out yourself, I didn't do anything on it.

I'll try to come up with something ASAP :)

Just as a heads-up, I have decided to go ahead and go open source. I am currently in the process of cleaning up things, refactoring a few items, and putting it all up in a GIT repository over at dev-heaven.net.

If you are interested in helping out, please write me a PM. Prerequisites:

- Knowledge of Java

. At least rudimentary knowledge of Eclipse, or willingness to learn.

The latter part might be quite daunting (I know it was for me).

I hope that with going open source, ArmaDEV can continue to grow.

Awesome :yay:

A decent IDE is so much needed!

update on this? Have you had a chance to update the plugin or get it moved to git as open source?