Sign in to follow this  
-Coulum-

Any details on improved wounding system?

it would be quite impossible in a military sim to include all medical animations

(you would need more than 10 animations for maintain airways alone, save breathing and circulation :D)

...even dedicated medical training sim omit a lot of them.

And the reason is, apart from money and time, that it's a game after all. If you want it more real in year 2011, join the freaking army! :)

One thing I'd like to see is a supported walk animation, so you help somebody to their feet and then kinda support them, but they walk on their own.

Limp anim. :yay:

I wish we could get

level of wounding/bleeding (Obviously referring to stab wounds in video) Edited by EDcase

IMO the actual animation itself is completely unimportant, as long as the notion that the medic is doing "medicy" things, then the visual details are unimportant. Like the engineer. If the wrench is being laughed at because the engineer always uses a wrench for every job, well the purpose of it is lost. It's a generic "engineery" anim denoting engineering work. But, whatever, I know people will complain about all kinds of things :D

But maybe I'm unusual in that I don't care for these kinds of anims, like reload etc, as long as *something* denotes an action, and its not obviously foolish, I'm good with it. Precise animation doesn't matter to me.

+1. I would much rather BI focus on improving core mechanics than worry too much about purely cosmetic stuff like this. An improved animation system is important, but not because of trivial things like reload animations.

Umm yeah, it's called ACE3.. And yes, I fully expect them to make it.

BIS said they made improvements, did they mention any details? I'm sure bleeding was one of them.

Think we had bleeding in A2 module as well. One agony state where you were just in pain, and one where you could actually bleed out and die. Or are you saying this is part of vanilla (non module based) healing system? Could be cool :)