Sign in to follow this  
CapitanStratos

Steam Op.arrowhead and Physical ArmA2 compatible?

I'm thinking in purcahsing Operation Arrowhead trough Steam as I only have ArmA2 in a physical DVD, wondering If both games can be mixed so I can play with the USMC units of vanilla ArmA2 on the Arrowhead islands and viceversa.

So basic question is If Steam and Physical versions are compatible.

Thanks!

I believe they can be made to work together, but it won't be easy. You'll need to muck around with batch scripts and stuff, installing and running mods will be a pain, etc.

You're better off getting OA from Sprocket. It's 100% hassle-free compatible with the retail version and currently only 7,49€ / $10,77 (50% off). :)

Sounds interesting, but is a downloadable copy?

Yup, everything from Sprocket is. :)

EDIT: And before you ask, no, it's not another whole system like Steam/Impulse/Origin that you need to start before the game will work. Just buy, download and install the game, and it will run. ;)

I'm thinking in purcahsing Operation Arrowhead trough Steam as I only have ArmA2 in a physical DVD, wondering If both games can be mixed so I can play with the USMC units of vanilla ArmA2 on the Arrowhead islands and viceversa.

So basic question is If Steam and Physical versions are compatible.

Thanks!

No problem at all. Install Arma2, play it. Install OA (from Steam) and play it. Playing them will set up the registry entries. Then use Six Updater to run as combined ops.

Doing it this way, you are not running through Steam (so you won't have the overlay and stuff) but it will work fine. It is how I do it on one of my test clients.

Well the Sprocket version is cheaper, so If it really works with my Physical copy is the one I will pick I think.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Are they compatible? Phyisical ArmA2 and Sprocket Operation ArrowHead?

Are they compatible? Phyisical ArmA2 and Sprocket Operation ArrowHead?

Yes... that's what I said. :)

I've used that combo myself.

I believe the sprocket version is identical to the physical copy, only you install from the files on the harddrive instead of a dvd.

they compatible, there is whole sticky about it ...

I have a retail arma2 and OA from steam. They work flawlessly together, as dwarden mentioned, the sticky explains how.

Buying from Steam made me not want to buy anything from there. If the Steam launcher is screwed up then your games wont work. Believe me ive had terrible experiences.

Edited by solidsnake2384