Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

multicam the new woodland?

did anyone notice how multicam is being used on a more general basis overseas? which units use what now? i know marines use marpat desert and woodland and army has acu, but is multicam the army's new woodland?

Beyond making a small point, why a thread?

Do you have difficulty finding people to talk to?

The similarity to washed out Woodland ist obvious. Multicam works well everywhere ( see avatar) but is not the very best in "woodland" environtment...but still works well enought. I noticed that factory new "flecktarn" for example is often much too dark, but after a few years the washed out "flecktarn" works similar to a fresh MultiCam...The question here by is...how well will a washed out MC work...we have not seen it by now because MC is stil new.

Multicam has been adopted for the Army as the Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern (OCP) for units rotating into Afghanistan. The grayish three colour Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP) is still the default for other areas. The only exception to this general rule for the regular Army units is the ghilly suit base, which is only issued in Multicam and was introduced before the decision was made to issue OCP gear for duty in Afghanistan. Elements of the multi-service Special Operations Command do use Multicam more widely, but for the regular grunt it is only intended for wear when preparing to deploy or actually deploying to SW Asia.

2011 Portfolio

Regards,

Sander

The UK forces realised they needed Multicam when this started happening lol:

mixed-camo.jpg?w=600&h=398

Going into combat with the wrong camo and having to dye it green - just embarrassing. I saw it on the news and wondered what was going on. No explanation was given about the Tie-dye camo. It's said that people at the MOD didn't realise that Afghanistan wasn't all desert.