Sign in to follow this  
timmy

New f16 model

Scorpio has made a new f16 model for the G8 mod. Indy and Marrs911 have made skins for it. It should be out soon, and im looking forward to it.

Here are some pictures of the model

F16_Tiger_3.jpg

F16.jpg

Wing tip mounted mavericks eh? The model looks good but I dont like those textures, especially the tiger one.

i agree zulu but i love the tiger one but the plane one looks i dont know

oh goodie, another unusable jet, and this one is not even close to realistic, you could have at least got the weapons right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ May 30 2002,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">F16_Tiger_3.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Lets see on the loadout here...

Light pylon only takes AA weapons such as Sidewinder or AMRAAM's

Mavericks is carried in racks by 3 usually and thoose can be mounted on the inner heavy hardpoint or on the medium hardpoint.

though the medium ones are most versaitle since they can carry both air to ground and air to air.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ May 29 2002,13:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh goodie, another unusable jet, and this one is not even close to realistic, you could have at least got the weapons right.<span id='postcolor'>

its not mine, im just advertising it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh goodie, another unusable jet, and this one is not even close to realistic, you could have at least got the weapons right. <span id='postcolor'>

Can you make it?? mad.gif

its damn hard with oxygen and if you dont like it dont DOWNLOAD

Thanks for that. The f-16 is finished now, ive just finished the shadow now, and im waiting for Mellis (G8 Webmaster) to come online so Indy can release it.

I would not of been able to release it without the help of Indy and marss911 from the G8 Mod, they have been importing the model into OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ May 30 2002,11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd say the skinning needs some improvement.<span id='postcolor'>

yea the model is great, and im happy that we are getting a F-16 but will there be USAF colors for it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ May 30 2002,08:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh goodie, another unusable jet, and this one is not even close to realistic, you could have at least got the weapons right.<span id='postcolor'>

Im sick of those people mad.gif

Lets see...the flaps look moveable on the tail now, the tiger texture is nearly finished, and the plane will be ready for download tonight. http://ofp.info/G8

USAF colours on the way....

[EDIT].....ENJOY! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ May 30 2002,20:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">USAF colours on the way....<span id='postcolor'>

<span style='font-size:157pt;line-height:100%'>YAY!</span>

Just downloaded it and tried it. Great work.

But pls make a more realistic weapon loadout.

Not all sidewinders or all mavericks its a multi role fighter so give it a mixed load out (aa ag misile bombs and rocket pods) and pls only sidewinders at the wing tips.

But again great work

one thing scorpio, where do i go when the USAF version is done? do you have your own site? or will it be ont the OPF info site?

i have my own site, but i prefer it to be on ofp.info.

Ill ask colourchanger to make a USAF version, i cant do it myself because sometime a can be a very lazy sod biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ May 30 2002,09:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh goodie, another unusable jet, and this one is not even close to realistic, you could have at least got the weapons right. <span id='postcolor'>

Can you make it?? mad.gif

its damn hard with oxygen and if you dont like it dont DOWNLOAD<span id='postcolor'>

Oh quiet you !

It's a forum meant to express one's opinions and criticism. If you can't deal with making a less-than-decent product than don't make them at all.

Sorry but Flashpoint community is based on realism and tactical as well as strategic use of the units people make.

Your lame excuses "If you don't like it don't download it" are all but logical.

No, quiet YOU. Ever since you entered these forums, you have been all but logical. The forums are meant to express one's opinions, but not offensive crititism. Dont blame it on me, because i did not choose the weapon load outs. I will not state the person's name because he is my friend.

And you better watch your mouth when you are talking to a talented modeller like Vixer.

If you want correct weapon loadouts, you can request it politely please. mad.gif  mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ May 30 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, quiet YOU. Ever since you entered these forums, you have been all but logical. The forums are meant to express one's opinions, but not offensive crititism. Dont blame it on me, because i did not choose the weapon load outs. I will not state the person's name because he is my friend.

And you better watch your mouth when you are talking to a talented modeller like Vixer.

If you want correct weapon loadouts,  you can request it politely please. mad.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Amen to Scorpio! To the other guy who's rather rude to Scorpio, I also requested a realistic weapons load but I did it in a polite but straight forward way because that F-16 must have been A LOT of hard work for Scorpio and the G8 MOD crew to do. I've tried some modelling myself and it's very difficult and really takes some talent to do well. Guys like Scorpio and Martin (the creator of the UH-1) get really fed up with people demanding things rather rudely and making rather nasty criticisms of their hard work without a word of praise. However both of them and also other mod makers like Capt. Moore (Adammo) have been very polite to me and have shown me respect because I try to give respect to them. Give credit where credit is due. This is only the first F16 and it has been rushed into release status due to the heavy demand for it. But like all addons it will be tweaked until it's a fairly usable and realistic aircraft like the AMX fighter-bomber which now I find quite enjoyable to fly (although still maybe a tiny bit unstable if I'm not careful).

Rather then give negative criticism, give positive encouragement and constructive feedback that will motivate mod makers to do even better and truly make their addons into really high quality ones. So far I think the F16 is great. It just needs a little bit more work on gun sounds (to match that of the AMX gun sound which is very realistic) and realistic weapons loadouts (within the limitations of OFP) and it could be excellent rivaling those made by BIS!

I'm looking forward to future versions!

Max Res to Scorpio and the G8 crew!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>