Sign in to follow this  
mycatsaid

Disable bonus vehicles - Domination

I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable bonus vehicles after you complete a side or main mission. Air and land bonus vehicles.

Thanks.

To not get SM bonus:

x_server\x_f\x_serverfuncs.sqf - Line 798

case 2: {GVAR(points_west) = GVAR(points_west) + (GVAR(tt_points) select 4)};
	};	
#endif
[color="Red"]		execVM "x_server\x_getbonus.sqf";[/color]
};
if (GVAR(side_mission_winner) in [-1,-2,-300,-400,-500,-600,-700,-878,-879]) then {

Whats in red is the file to give you SM bonus vehicle being executed it. Just // it out or delete it, and done.

To not get MT bonus:

x_server\x_target_clear.sqf - Line 79

GVAR(intel_unit) = objNull;
};

sleep 0.5;

if (GVAR(current_counter) < GVAR(MainTargets)) then {
[color="Red"]	execVM "x_server\x_gettargetbonus.sqf";[/color]
} else {
__TargetInfo

Same deal, the red part is how MT bonus vehicles are spawned. Replace with {}; or hint ""; or delete it. You've got options.

All untested, just give it a go.

;1998605']To not get SM bonus:

x_server\x_f\x_serverfuncs.sqf - Line 798

case 2: {GVAR(points_west) = GVAR(points_west) + (GVAR(tt_points) select 4)};
	};	
#endif
[color="Red"]		execVM "x_server\x_getbonus.sqf";[/color]
};
if (GVAR(side_mission_winner) in [-1,-2,-300,-400,-500,-600,-700,-878,-879]) then {

Whats in red is the file to give you SM bonus vehicle being executed it. Just // it out or delete it' date=' and done.

To not get MT bonus:

x_server\x_target_clear.sqf - Line 79

GVAR(intel_unit) = objNull;
};

sleep 0.5;

if (GVAR(current_counter) < GVAR(MainTargets)) then {
[color="Red"]	execVM "x_server\x_gettargetbonus.sqf";[/color]
} else {
__TargetInfo

Same deal, the red part is how MT bonus vehicles are spawned. Replace with {}; or hint ""; or delete it. You've got options.

All untested, just give it a go.[/quote']

Thanks again Grimes!

Ok I got an issue with this.

I'm certain that doing this its causing 2 AO's to appear on the map after one is captured.

I deleted both lines from both files which seems to be the error but not sure on fixing it.

Edited by mycatsaid

The sidemission one shouldn't be the problem. Change

execVM "x_server\x_gettargetbonus.sqf";

to

hint "";

Just to try. See if you still have the problem.

A better way might be to empty the bonus vehicle array?

Well if you empty the arrays, you may start getting errors since its trying to randomly select something that isn't there, and you'll still get all sorts of messages. So... just don't execute the files that cause it all :D

;1999497']Well if you empty the arrays' date=' you may start getting errors since its trying to randomly select something that isn't there, and you'll still get all sorts of messages. So... just don't execute the files that cause it all :D[/quote']

But isn't that basically what I just did by deleting the line? Same as canceling it really because the file would not exist.

A better way might be to empty the bonus vehicle array?

How about give them some Recreation ?

I wonder.......Your team gets ....

Class = Hooker4

Name = Woman (Black)

Faction = CIV

Side = CIVILIAN

...LOL

;1999540']^ That was one helluva troll post.

@OP' date=' did you try it?[/quote']

What that hint thing? If you meant that I'll try tomorrow..

Edited by mycatsaid

What that hint thing? If you meant that I'll try tomorrow..

Well that and the other suggestions.

Ok tried the hint suggestion and that failed to work.

After completing a target it just didnt do anything, just stayed saying "side mission" ect and didn't create a new one.

I'm confused now. Are we talking about side missions or main missions?

I'm confused now. Are we talking about side missions or main missions?

Both, both of them need removing, I dont want bonus vehicles at all..

Edited by mycatsaid

Right, but that's not the major issue right now is it?

If I understand you correctly, main missions, or side missions, I can't see which you're saying, aren't ending properly?

Right, but that's not the major issue right now is it?

If I understand you correctly, main missions, or side missions, I can't see which you're saying, aren't ending properly?

That's what it seems like when I replace the missions with the hint text Grimes gave.

The main issue I have with the bonus script is that I run pilot only server and when the bonus vehicles get spawned, anyone can get in, it seems like theres some issue with the pilot only scipt with global air vehicles, I have it all setup correctly but it will only work with vehicles that I have set in the client.sqf or w/e it is where you can set the air vehicles with markers ect.

If I could get the pilot only to fly working for all global vehicles I wouldn't need to get rid of the bonus vehicles.

You do seem to be attacking your problems in a roundabout way. Why didn't you ask for a fix for the "only pilots can fly" problem?

By the way, have you looked in this thread? It may already have the answer your looking for, doesn't contravene forums rules and might help you to do other stuff.

You do seem to be attacking your problems in a roundabout way. Why didn't you ask for a fix for the "only pilots can fly" problem?

By the way, have you looked in this thread? It may already have the answer your looking for, doesn't contravene forums rules and might help you to do other stuff.

Well I did infact want to remove the bonus vehicles, that was just why I needed to remove them, I thought it would be a easier thing to take out.

Editing Domination is and never has been easy.

In fact, i dont think Xeno has that word in his dictionary.

I'm actually pretty sure the pilot only bug was fixed in a later version of 2.60. like h or i. We're on k now. What version are you running? Have you tried emptying the arrays as suggested? Try different things, its all about trial and error.

;2000892']I'm actually pretty sure the pilot only bug was fixed in a later version of 2.60. like h or i. We're on k now. What version are you running? Have you tried emptying the arrays as suggested? Try different things' date=' its all about trial and error.[/quote']

I think I'm on OA 2.54 cos it was the one I used when I made my map which was the current one. I read there was a lot of bugs with the other recent ones :/

I think I'm on OA 2.54 cos it was the one I used when I made my map which was the current one. I read there was a lot of bugs with the other recent ones :/

There really isn't. K fixed anything mission breaking. Certainly much more bug free then 2.54 ;) Also much better running, cleaner inside, and easier to edit given the way the scripting was rewritten. Same stuff, just in a more easy-to-read sense.

;2000914']There really isn't. K fixed anything mission breaking. Certainly much more bug free then 2.54 ;) Also much better running' date=' cleaner inside, and easier to edit given the way the scripting was rewritten. Same stuff, just in a more easy-to-read sense.[/quote']

I'll give 2.60 a shot then, just annoying to have to try remember everything I put in the old map :(