Sign in to follow this  
smacker909

PMC BAF light?

After getting A2 / OA on steam.. it seems I have PCM/BAF light. What is the difference between the light and full versions? Just missions?

You must buy the DLC to get the full versions. Everyone has BAF and PMC lite. They are low-quality compared to the full DLC. The full DLC also includes missions and new maps.

LIte versions have lo quality textures and sounds.

This is how the full version Units of BAF look like:

laUntl.jpg

They´re the highest quality units BIS has produced so far, maybe save the new ones for Arma 3.

The PMC ones are a disappointment, though, at least for me they were. And like Dice said, full DLCs also get missions, campaigns and maps, which lite versions don´t have.

Ok, thanks.. good to know. I had made a mission a while back, using PMC (light) and scrapped it due to the jagged edges on the units.. I didn't realize that was a side effect of the light version.

You guys are wrong :) in lite version we have all maps from those two dlc. Only in low texturs

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

If map have objects from dlc like that map with that crater.

to avoid confusion there is missions and worlds (terrains). most people use map as synonym for missions

the new worlds are also part of the lite pack - with lower quality textures

LIte versions have lo quality textures and sounds.

This is how the full version Units of BAF look like:

http://imgur.com/laUnt]http://i.imgur.com/laUntl.jpg

They´re the highest quality units BIS has produced so far, maybe save the new ones for Arma 3.

The PMC ones are a disappointment, though, at least for me they were. And like Dice said, full DLCs also get missions, campaigns and maps, which lite versions don´t have.

True, if anone is a visual guy and cares for little details the BAF units are sheer amazing and definatly the best units so far, its amazing how detailled and well textures these are.

These alone were worth the price

well.. considering the price, I went ahead with the DLC purchase from steam.. although, now that I bought them, I expect they'll go onsale for 50% this weekend.. :(

well.. considering the price, I went ahead with the DLC purchase from steam.. although, now that I bought them, I expect they'll go onsale for 50% this weekend.. :(

That usually happens, doesn't it? You purchase something, only to later find out it went on sale! It's as if they were secretly waiting for you to purchase it before putting it on sale.

I must say that my laptop is not for playing (I bought it in a hurry) and I'm saving money for a real PC for playing Arma3, so I still play Arma1 as it's the one I can play with no lagging. There is no much time I bought the ACR mod just because there was no light version of it and it really improved my video settings with new video options so I could run the game better than before, this is the only reason I decided to try buying the BAF mod, and guess what, I can run it better, I don't know if it is the map or video (no new video options) but units are much more detailed and the game laggs much less than before in my laptop. So, if you have problems running the game 'cuz ur computer try to buy the mods. I'm really going to by the PMC mod once I have some money.

For example, even playing Proving grounds map I had some lagg near trees, now trees' texture is much better and no lagg at all, because of low video settings I had some problems identifing prone infantry between bushes, now it's much easier.

I bought the game some minutes ago, so I haven't tested other maps I really avoid because of lot of trees like Utes and specially Chernarus, but as far as I can tell I can play it better with the DLC in my almost basic laptop (it has a video chip, not even a video card).