Sign in to follow this  
ultimateflashpoint

Changing texture path

So I want to change the path that the model gets its texture from and I've heard that the best way to do it is through a hex editor. I have tried opening the .p3d in O2 but I was not able to find where the model's textures paths were, so I tried it in WinHex, and I am not able to get it to work in there. Basically I want to do this:

Change armymod\armyuniform.paa

to usmcmod\armyuniform.paa

Go look in the utilities section of OFPR.info got a couple of tools if I remember correctly.

STGN

Yes, the tool is Texture Path Swap you can grab here. I never used this tool though.

But, the easiest way in O2 is to make the texture window appear (select "window", "texture library"). Then double click on a texture name, it will lighten the part of the model using the given texture, then go to "Face", "Face properties" and change the texture path.

The advantage in using it(TxtPathSwap),is that it will do all lods simultaneously.

Whereas with O2 you'll need to get in there and repath each lod

yourself.

Using a special tool for changing the texture path is Ok if you have the MLOD. But in case he has an ODOL-P3D and wants only to adjust the texture paths (not changing the model in any way) the best way is indeed to use a Hex Editor.

For changing texture path of an ODOL p3d, i have used a lot in the past :

- Mike Schell's Texture Swap (mostly to obtain the texture list when the texture used by a specific model were not obviously seen in the pbo)

- Notepad++, just open the model with it, Search -> Replace and save the change

It has worked very well (don't try it on an MLOD p3d, it will lead into the P3D not working ingame)