Sign in to follow this  
tacticalnuggets

biological weapons

Little offtopic, but what's the difference between tactics and strategy? Doesn't strategy on one level reflect tactics on another? I.e. tactics on the squad level may be part of strategy on the platoon level which is tactics reflecting the battalion strategy? Use of chemical weapons as denial of area may be tactics on one echelon and strategy on a higher echelon. Calling chemical weapons a strategic employment sounds weird because not all of them are "static" (unsure of the english word) and dissipate fairly quickly, whereas strategy usually means something that is in effect over time.

Don't take my word for it, it's just my (limited) understanding of it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But yes, I agree. Simulation of the effects I think can be very easy to script. Actual gas masks however would need to be implemented in the engine (or addon) and cannot be scripted. Although I use overlay method for oxygen masks for HALO, I'm not fully happy with the result due to the nature of overlays (covers up important aspects of the gui).

Strategy is what you do, tactics is how you do it :)

Strategy is what you do, tactics is how you do it :)

since we are nitpicking:

Strategy - is what you plan to do.

Tactics - is also something you plan to do.

you "DO" both of these plans... :p

Back on topic then...

I suppose if anyone wanted it; You can add in Tear Gas as that is well within the Geneva convention. That stuff is extremely nasty, albeit non-lethal. I'd like to smoke out a few crewman out of a BMP and watch them writhe as they start puking up stuff.

ACE 2 has that but it's bloody useless. You have to stand right on the grenade to get any type of effect.

But if they implemeted deadly gas you should have a warning system(or when you hear your guy choking) and a gas mask, It would maybe be similar to the one in metro 2033.

Gas mask wont protect you against "modern" chemical weapons - skin contact is enough to incapacitate or kill.

Gas mask wont protect you against "modern" chemical weapons - skin contact is enough to incapacitate or kill.

I think you meant that gas masks are not enough to protect you and that you need full chemical gear, gloves, boots, special clothes, etc as well?

I think you meant that gas masks are not enough to protect you and that you need full chemical gear, gloves, boots, special clothes, etc as well?

Yes.

5char

If so, just to pollute the whole island with biological warfare is already achieved the domination by absolute damage, everybody dies on the island, and the game is over.

If so, just to pollute the whole island with biological warfare is already achieved the domination by absolute damage, everybody dies on the island, and the game is over.

The problem with that strategy is it eliminates the economy already present on that island. Thats why there are problems and solutions involving nuclear warfare.