Sign in to follow this  
bussinrounds

Raven Shield question

IW CD-Key authentication server is dead, no more IW online.

TBH Big Dawg, the really good and tactical coop game online in RvS was a rarity. Better catch up with some from here or with friends and play on your own, private server.

I do that with friends from time to time, yet RvS seems to be forgotten, everybody plays SWAT4 (around 10 or more people within our team), and sadly almost nobody got\play RvS (around 4 people), which surprised me a lot.

Edited by JonPL

What do you mean by pixel aiming?

Pixel aiming simply means the crosshair "jumping" from pixel(s) to pixel(s) when you move your mouse, wouldn't be so much problem when the target was only 50 feet away, it really matter when target goes pass that range.

Edited by 4 IN 1

IW CD-Key authentication server is dead, no more IW online.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info, JonPL.

You saved me from some frustration. :D

The first Ghost Recon (I still play it, regularly, even mp in public servers, even it being 10 years old) and the first two Rainbow Six simply demolished everything. Both were out of the scope covered by OFP (large battle organization in large scenarios) and were pretty much more minimalistic.

After these titles, things started going down the drain... Guess why.

Well there is a reason why we demand better CQB support from BI don't we? And lets face it, no matter how good ArmA 3 will be it still won't be the realistic CQB tactical shooter that old R6 used to be(we'd be luckly if ArmA3 can replace old GR once and for all if BI work hard enought on the AI CQB ability, be you know that is impossible...)

Thats why I hope ArmA3 to have better CQB AI so that it could atless complete with(or even surpassing) GR1 in this area.

I installed RVS 2.0 and I like it.

There's a bug here and there but I'm used to it. :D

Operative;1993825']The first Ghost Recon (I still play it' date=' regularly, even mp in public servers, even it being 10 years old) and the first two Rainbow Six simply demolished everything. Both were out of the scope covered by OFP (large battle organization in large scenarios) and were pretty much more minimalistic.

[b']After these titles, things started going down the drain[/b]... Guess why.

Yeah, I always have these games on my HDD:

OFP

Original GR +expansions

Raven shield +expansions

SWAT 3/4

Hidden & dangerous 1/2

One would think that today developers would make more advanced games then those I mentioned (except original OFP),

both in realism and scope, but no, it's just about making more money.

It's an industry, I understand that.

Only hope is BIS, Tripwire Interactive, and Blackfoot studios (I hope that Ground branch is not vaporware.)

And there's RL too, if gaming goes down the drain. :p

I still have SWAT3 and GR +expansions installed and play them regularly. Must a get OFP ASAP.

Classics never die.

I installed RVS 2.0 and I like it.

There's a bug here and there but I'm used to it. :D

Yeah, I always have these games on my HDD:

OFP

Original GR +expansions

Raven shield +expansions

SWAT 3/4

Hidden & dangerous 1/2

One would think that today developers would make more advanced games then those I mentioned (except original OFP),

both in realism and scope, but no, it's just about making more money.

It's an industry, I understand that.

Only hope is BIS, Tripwire Interactive, and Blackfoot studios (I hope that Ground branch is not vaporware.)

And there's RL too, if gaming goes down the drain. :p

We are going backwards in terms of innovation. The only two things that evolve are the graphics and the myriad ways to relieve people of their money.

If it wasn't for BIS, Tripwire, ED et al, I would have ditched PC gaming a long time ago.

Edited by BangTail

Well said, guys.

If it wasn't for those older games, I'd use my PC just for watching movies and listening to music. And Arma.

Don't forget Relic and 1C\Digital Mind Soft

Don't forget Relic and 1C\Digital Mind Soft

Relic has been on the edge of my list for a while, but so far news about DoW III is sounding good. As for 1C\DMS, you have to give credit to BestWay as they're the original developers of the MoW series and the GEM engine.

Btw, wasn't this thread about Raven Shield? :j:

Btw, wasn't this thread about Raven Shield? :j:

Good call.

How about joining an Xfire R6 group for match scheduling? I spotted this one: http://www.xfire.com/communities/rvscommunity/

And here is a thread offering solutions to install IronWrath under Steam (i think): http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1710089

Recently installed RS version 2.0 mod -looks ok but how does the MP play out? All coop or is there real PvP? If second, I'm all over it.