Sign in to follow this  
demonized

orderGetin does not work for AI in player group??

using this code on a AI not in a player led group:

unit assignAsCargo car; [unit] orderGetin true;

that will make AI run to and board the car.

however when used on a AI in a group where player is leader, the commands does nothing.

i found the commandGetOut command, but did not see any commandGetIn, i asume that orderGetin does what the commandGetin should have done, in theory ofc.

Is orderGetIn command broken? or are there other ways of ordering a AI to enter a vehicle without player leader physically selects 4,vehicle,getin through the squad commands ingame.

im fiddling with hidden units and giving board pos to moving unit for then to run the action, but it seems silly to me to have to do this.

I have this problem with a mission I'm making, so Instead of having to have the player actually command a member of the group to get in a vehicle, I made a cutscene and used unitname moveincargo while the cameras looking away from the unit, then the scene ends with both the player and the unit in the vehicle.

Bah, that explains why this wasn't working the other night when I tried using it. Finally just left the guy out of my group till we were both in the vehicle!

Have you tried the GetIn.. action commands?

No idea if it works with AI under player's control, but maybe worth a try.

Have you tried the GetIn.. action commands?

No idea if it works with AI under player's control, but maybe worth a try.

It does but if first teleports him to the vehicle before climbing into the vehicle.

It does but if first teleports him to the vehicle before climbing into the vehicle.

what i do for now, to workaround it is to spawn a setcaptive invicible unit of same side, use getin action on him, and track his position until he is inside the vehicle, last position is the correct boarding position. then unassignhim, setpos and delete him and make "my" unit go to the last outside pos and do the getin action when there, it works and looks ok.

but it is somewhat much just for a getin order.

Is there some particular reason why OrderGetIn doesn't work when player is leader, or could this be considered a bug/oversight to put on the CIT ?

afaik, orderGetIn worked fine some time ago in player group AI, so my guess is, that its a bug or there are a unnoticed replacement.

i did however go through the wikis list of all commands, and read up on all who i thought had a relevant command name, though it may be hidden in a strange / unexpected command name.

edit: i sent a PM to Dwarden asking about this, if he replys ill post it here:

Edited by Demonized

OrderGetIn should work if you remember to assign the AI the the vehicle first.

OrderGetIn should work if you remember to assign the AI the the vehicle first.

look at first post.... :rolleyes:

I have noticed a few things that used to work but no longer do, and as far as I am aware, I have not updated the game for any changed to take effect like this and the dotarget bug :confused: