Sign in to follow this  
habnor

TOH Setup Instructions for Steam A:OA Users

For those that have Steam and having problems getting the game to load.

Here is a how-to if you have Steam in the default location.

This is for Windows 7

Step 1: Install the Community Preview Download.

Step 2: Create a new shortcut on your desktop. Right Click desktop area and create new shortcut

For Location type in the following

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe" -mod=tkoh_preview

then click next.

Step 3: Now type in your name for the shortcut

"Take on Helicopters"

Hit ok. A shortcut has been created on your desktop

Step 4: Right click the shortcut and choose properties

Step 5: Look at the target area, it should state what we entered...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe" -mod=tkoh_preview

Now look under that in the Start in Section. Modify this so it only points to the arma 2 operation arrowhead folder..

It should look like the following...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

Step 6: Now click apply, and click DONE

Step 7: You are ready to play.. double click the shortcut and Enjoy!

Tried it out in Taki, and I loved it. Now I want to fly in Cherna! But it's not working.

I'm trying to load my steam install A2 as a mod folder like I normally do to run CO. But no matter which way I have the mod order, the game throws an error and crashes on startup.

Here's my command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe" -mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;TKOH_preview

You need quotes as your path contains spaces:

-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;TKOH_preview

=>

"-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;TKOH_preview"

I do not have the steam version, everythings installed as default location and when I try to run I get "No entry'.profilepathdefault'.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe"

Any ideas? Thanks

I did and I installed everything default, I do not have time to re-code the game to get it to work unfortunately. I hope BI makes the final version a bit easier to run for non-engineer's like myself! Thx anyway

I do not have the steam version, everythings installed as default location and when I try to run I get "No entry'.profilepathdefault'.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe"

Any ideas? Thanks

I did and I installed everything default, I do not have time to re-code the game to get it to work unfortunately. I hope BI makes the final version a bit easier to run for non-engineer's like myself! Thx anyway

Maybe you already figured how to run game, but if not:

You don't need to be programmer to run the preview, just don't run it by takeonhpreview.exe.

After you install preview, shortcuts for running game should be created in directory example C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead , just click on it (don't know how its named, but will have TKOH icon).

Probably you don't need to do all what is said in quote (from readme.txt). You have right its quite confusing.

- You have "tkoh_preview" in your modfolder as in -mod=tkoh_preview

example: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\tkoh_preview\takeonhpreview.exe.exe" -mod=tkoh_preview

- Make sure the shortcut's "Start In" section refers to main "ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead" main working folder and NOT "ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead/tkoh_preview"

example: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead