Sign in to follow this  
wizbomb

Difference between M4 and M16

I think you have misunderstood something here, first the shorter the AR15 the shorter the service life as a general rule. A 10" barrel gun have a shorter life than an 14,5 M4, this is one of the reasons the HK416 came about originally, this is due to a more violent cycling action exactly because of the short time from the gas port to the muzzle the gun has much less time where there is pressure in the system to cycle the bolt carrier so it has to have a larger gas port compared to 14,5 M4 barrel. XM177E2 and M4A1 use the same bolt carrier. Longer barrel does not equal better accuracy, a shorter barrel can be more accurate than a longer barrel of same manufacture type because it is stiffer. The last you wrote I can't understand your use of the language so I am not sure what you are saying. The M4A1 is not less reliable than an XM177 quit the opposite, because in part by better ejection and buffer.

I didn't say the shorter the better. 10 inches barrel is OF COURSE have a lot of problems, and yet 11.5 inches doesn't. Using tracer rounds in short barrel will cause serious jamming (10 inches barrel such as E1), and that's why they have to added extra 1.5 inches for it.

Again, US does not approved E2 that is because of the barrel length (range) and worse adaptation (cannot install optic without specific mount, as well as the grenade launcher). Not because of the unstable performance.

The HK416 is to giving active gas operation system to the M4A1, as well as to fixed the front handguard to the upper receiver instead of using delta rings, using gas piston to replace the gas tube too. The gas will not necessary to travel back to the bolt carrier, instead it diffused along with the gas piston exterior. That's why it have no such problem if it was submerged or even tainted by dirt, the active gas system will force to cycle the bolt carrier so to avoid the gas chocking and jamming.

I didn't say the shorter the better. 10 inches barrel is OF COURSE have a lot of problems, and yet 11.5 inches doesn't. Using tracer rounds in short barrel will cause serious jamming (10 inches barrel such as E1), and that's why they have to added extra 1.5 inches for it.

Again, US does not approved E2 that is because of the barrel length (range) and worse adaptation (cannot install optic without specific mount, as well as the grenade launcher). Not because of the unstable performance.

The HK416 is to giving active gas operation system to the M4A1, as well as to fixed the front handguard to the upper receiver instead of using delta rings, using gas piston to replace the gas tube too. The gas will not necessary to travel back to the bolt carrier, instead it diffused along with the gas piston exterior. That's why it have no such problem if it was submerged or even tainted by dirt, the active gas system will force to cycle the bolt carrier so to avoid the gas chocking and jamming.

Indeed ,but even the Hk416 have a problems with Gas regulator

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/03/06/norwegian-soldiers-having-problems-with-hk416-2/

It matters because when you're an artist for a community full of bolt counters you need to know your stuff.

Lol so glad I'm not in your shoes. But if I were I'd say FU to those nitpickers.

BTW how socially well adjusted you appear, logging into an online forum discussion about m4 vs. m16s and calling everyone nerds. What did you expect to find in here? GTFO.

Oh come on can't you take a little sarcasm?

Btw you should have known better than to start this thread; it'll only turn into a debate amongst a bunch of nerds over something most of them have never actually seen/held (or maybe they have; that scares me even more).

isnt that how this thread got started? :confused:

isnt that how this thread got started? :confused:

I suppose, but now you've brought the debate here. :p It's quite amusing seeing people argue over this stuff though. One would have though it's pretty obvious, but then again people like to flex their nerd muscles.

Oh come on can't you take a little sarcasm?

If it was your intent to be ironic, then I apologize. It's hard to pick up on that stuff in forums.

The commenters on that video are retarded:

That's not an M4 or an M16, the barrel is too short for either. It's a standard AR-15 (yes, both the M16 and M4 are based off of it) in a 10.3-inch-barrel configuration.

Rangerpl1322 1 week ago

@Rangerpl1322 i think it's a m16 he says so and trust him he's russian haha

jjkiller1122 3 days ago

@jjkiller1122 Well he's wrong.

Rangerpl1322 2 days ago

@Rangerpl1322 do your research the ar15 has been redesigned to only be semi automatic the m16 is an automatic clearly the gun in the video is automatic

jjkiller1122 1 day ago

@jjkiller1122 - That may be, but this weapon has too short a barrel to be an M16. Look at that, and then look at an M16.

And don't say "maybe it's an M16 with a short barrel" because no such thing exists. This is not a military M16. Probably just an AR-15 modified to fire full-auto.

Just look at that fucking barrel. Even the M4 has a longer one.

Rangerpl1322 17 hours ago

@Rangerpl1322 tard fuck u dont know wat ur talkkkkiiinnngggggggg aboutttttttt

DevilGamingSD 6 hours ago

My comments are bolded.

I've had some good success arguing about aircraft on youtube, but I stay the eff away from egg sucking MW2 airsofter gun experts.

I'm going to tell you guys the real difference because I have experience with both weapons systems while doing my tour

With the M4 is more easier to go in there and take care of business

IMG_3188.jpg

Edited by ratoa

I really dont see how anyone is going to win this arguement. Why not rename this post to The Married Couple.

What argument are you talking about?

@ratoa

I had a chuckle at that.

Sorry I mean DEBATE.

I think you misunderstood my question. What do you think is the point of contention?

I'm asking because you seem to be implying that there are two sides or something arguing and that's not what I'm getting from the thread.

Sorry. Its just that everyones going back and forth on what classifies an M16 or M4 and its variations. I was just exagerrating.

What argument are you talking about?

Why the argument over who knows the most of course. :p

I really dont see how anyone is going to win this arguement.

I'm pretty certain ratoa won this argument.