Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Arma: Cold War Assault

Call me dumb, unprecise or blame my unresearchiosity (a new word?) but I want a definitive answer from somebody, will the patch affect negatively to us modders, as an ex. for our mod Binmod?

Thanks.

EDIT: Or may I ask, can the mod be imported to CWA without any hassle?

Edited by batis4

I just installed the new patch and realised that it's effectively giving out Arma CWA and Resistance for free (if you have the right CD key of course), which almost makes it a standalone installation. However, what I haven't figured out is how I integrate it with my disk copy of the GOTY edition (the Red Hammer content in particular). Anyone figured this out yet?

PS: It's one of those "That's Hot" Australian (afaik) budget boxes with 2 games in it.

Yes, it is the full game in a stand-alone patch. Just installed it and used my OFP CD-key and voila. I got both CWC and Resistance addons, missions and campaigns. Now I only need to find my Red Hammer disk and copy over those two files to have everything ready again!

Thank you BIS ! :D

So no new content or some major change?

I don't really see the point in this. The new name seems pretty lame too.

But it at least gives me a reason to play OFP again. I guess that was the point.

[whining mode off]

It's because Operation Flashpoint is owned by Codemasters, and the original OFP would be available only to torrenters otherwise.

is the cd key really an issue? because i never put in any custom key just used the one they gave me and got cwa installed. should i use my key off my flashpoint cd instead?

is the cd key really an issue? because i never put in any custom key just used the one they gave me and got cwa installed. should i use my key off my flashpoint cd instead?

The given key is the one you used for Flashpoint. It automatically detects it if you've got OFP installed before hand, so you're all set.

aw thanks, so then we can import all our addons and settings from our old flashpoint res folders into this?

not all my addons worked, i got a d3d error on startup when importing all my addons, musta been too many.

not all my addons worked, i got a d3d error on startup when importing all my addons, musta been too many.

I know this doesn't include one of the campaigns maybe addons were for or from that?

so far from what i see not really, i checked the changelog and there are some new things in reference to coding and scripting but, nothing really blow your mind different here, from what i see, from ofp res.

Good, maybe i'll actually be able to play it.

Edit : Crap, the read me that came with the demo says

II. REQUIREMENTS

ARMA 2: Combined Operations (ARMA 2 + Operation Arrowhead) v1.55 is required to use the mod.

The system requirements for CWR² are identical to those of ARMA 2.

I thought they might have redone the original OFP and make it work better with modern systems. Damn, i got excited there for a minute.

Edited by bussinrounds

Good, maybe i'll actually be able to play it.

Edit : Crap, the read me that came with the demo says

II. REQUIREMENTS

ARMA 2: Combined Operations (ARMA 2 + Operation Arrowhead) v1.55 is required to use the mod.

The system requirements for CWR² are identical to those of ARMA 2.

I thought they might have redone the original OFP and make it work better with modern systems. Damn, i got excited there for a minute.

Wrong topic. This isn't CWR², this is a "new" version of OFP.

I'm confused now. Can someone explain this to me ?

And will i be able to play the "new" version of OFP with these specs then, amd athlon II X2 3.0ghz and 5 gigs ddr3 ram and a gtx 450 1gig video card ?

I'm confused now. Can someone explain this to me ?

And will i be able to play the "new" version of OFP with these specs then, amd athlon II X2 3.0ghz and 5 gigs ddr3 ram and a gtx 450 1gig video card ?

CWR² => a mod for ArmA2 recreating CWC campaign in ArmA2, done by the community ;

ArmA:Cold War Assault => a "standalone" patch upgrading OFP from 1.96 to 1.99, with some bugs ATM though. It can be installed from scratch, no need of the original game, but it requires a valid OFP install code.

Your specs are enough for the last one, and maybe for ArmA2 too.

sorry to post here

i have ofp-goty cd original

what i have to do upgrade it to ARMA: Cold War Assault: Update 1.99

can anyone please explain it further for me,my english is not well.

what file i have to download ?

बà¥à¤•à¤²à¥‡à¤Ÿ, कà¥à¤‚जी.