Sign in to follow this  
zebby5000

Another way of advancement

Would you donate?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you donate?

It does sadden me that BI is one of the best game companies out there, yet has one of the lowest sales compared to other companies. Was wondering what you think about having a donation page, where the funds donated would be put to expanding the game.

I for 1 and I know a few others wouldn't mind donating 50$-100$ ++ here and there to help make Arma a better game, but doesn't need another copy of Arma. (which will just waste supplies on there side)

Just something as a little extra help that isn't mandatory.

FFS, just go and buy 2x copies of ArmA1+2+PMC and BAF and give it to someone who would enjoy the friggen game!!! That would help BI... FFS

And that's why I have 3 sets of arma? - besides we want to improve there stuff, not pay 50$ for a game we already have that they spend 40$ between the box/cd supplies/licenses/shipping and only 10$ for them to spend.

Try thinking about where it's going before you say crap.

Thanks kyl! :) - fancy seeing you here btw.

Edited by zebby5000

Compared to say Infinity Ward and Ubisoft sure but make no mistake, they aren't poor and are currently expanding with new headquarters in several location around the globe as well as either partnering or buying some smaller developers, expanding the staff and there is VBS2 which sells for thousands to militaries worldwide, produced by BIA but I imagine they share the wealth.

Edited by NodUnit

Compared to say Infinity Ward and Ubisoft sure but make no mistake, they aren't poor and are currently expanding with new headquarters in several location sincluding Florida, as well as either partnering or buying some smaller developers as well as expanding the staff and there is VBS2 which sells for thousands to militaries worldwide, produced by BIA but I imagine they share the wealth.

Exactly. I came to realize that VBS might be the driving motor behind ArmA. You can develop fancy stuff for the military, which you can sell for hundreds of dollars and then use the experience + engine advancements to build a game for the public gaming market. That´s an unique constellation between serious simulation devlopment and gaming business.

It has also been a long road from ArmA I, which was forced to release cause money went short, up until now.

Meanwhile BIS gained the title of the biggest gaming studio in Czech after buying those smaller studios, which on their own produce titles now.

I´m glad they survived (thanks Darwin!) and even managed to not be bought by some huge company, but rather kept and still keep on growing steadily while maintaining their independence.

Thats the way to go for the best developer ever! :yay: