Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Co20 F-14 Tomcat Carrier Operations

sorry, but i tried the best i can to make it SP operational.. Even in the editor it Arma II wont find the mission on necro island :(

Why don't you just host it locally as MP .... you can still play on your own, but the advantage is you can pick and choose who you want to be from a cast of 20.

Edited by MissionCreep

Quiksilver,

I havnt had that problem.Though i have read about that in the release thread for the Nimitz.

It sounds like a pc limitation maybe.

The mission is really designed for a flight of 2 aircraft.If you host it up online you will have a chance of getting a wingman.

:)

Thanks for the mission, Steve.

Got one problem though, don't know if I'm the only one experiencing it. Apparently i can never get a lock on anything with the F-14 mavericks. At first I thought it was some sort of mod conflict but I'm basically using a vanilla install with just the mods required for the mission, and still no go. Unless this was meant for A2 only in which case it's an OA issue.

Thanks for the feedback m8.

I have been messing with the mav's today on the F14 and didnt notice any problems getting a lock with them.

The mavs wont lock onto aircraft or static vehicles.They will only lock onto tanks,apc's etc.

Try putting yourself in the editor and put some opfor tanks on utes and give it a try in a "controlled" environment.

The F14 should work no problem in either A2 A2 Combined Operations.

Let me know if ya still havn troubles.

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Problem solved. I was trying it alone by hosting a LAN session. A friend of mine who tried it said he had no issues, but I found out he was using it on the editor with an AI RIO. So that was it. Didn't know a RIO was mandatory, so issue fixed. And I also forgot to add that this is a kickass mission. Thanks a mil, been wanting to do some carrier ops for ages. I tried scripting a Nimitz Domination, with some success but there were so many things that could go wrong that i just decided to call it quits. Plus scripting kinda plays with my nerves.

Edit: One last thing, is there any way you can implement flares for the Tomcat?

Edited by SJ_MarcL

SJ MarcL,

You should still be able to get locks with out an ai gunner.

Are u getting locks with the target list or are you getting the locks thru "reveal target" button.

Thanks for the kind words m8. :)

The F-14 is getting an update very very soon.

Countermeasures,radar warning system and a fix for the Lod's playing up on the deck.

Re- gunners reqiuerd to lock targets.

I am going to add a script in the mission that creates and moves an ai into the gunner position which will make things alot easier for single person use.

I just gotta get some help with the script/s.

Still having problems with the Nimitz being invisible.

I have all graphics on their maximum and it's still invisible until I zoom in.

Viewdistance and visibility are at maximum.

Still having problems with the Nimitz being invisible.

I have all graphics on their maximum and it's still invisible until I zoom in.

Viewdistance and visibility are at maximum.

Try setting "Object Detail" to "Very High" in Graphics Options.

I have a problem with some of the aircraft spawning above the carrier and falling down to the deck and exploding. This starts happening even before the mission fully loads. I'm seeing a black screen and hear explosions and then I'm dead at start of mission, then when I respawn I see about 3 or 4 F-14s at the front of the carrier falling, exploding and respawning only to do it again and again.

Anybody else have this problem?

Also, the carrier seems excessively distant from Necro island. Looking at the waypoint it reads: 79,691m from carrier. Takes quite a while to get there even by jet.

Is this right?

Maybe the island isn't installed right?

I used the Lost Key tool to teleport my self around the map to check out the island and it seems normal...so I don't know what's going on.

Thanks.

Edited by pazuzu

I have a problem with some of the aircraft spawning above the carrier and falling down to the deck and exploding. This starts happening even before the mission fully loads. I'm seeing a black screen and hear explosions and then I'm dead at start of mission, then when I respawn I see about 3 or 4 F-14s at the front of the carrier falling, exploding and respawning only to do it again and again.

Anybody else have this problem?

Also, the carrier seems excessively distant from Necro island. Looking at the waypoint it reads: 79,691m from carrier. Takes quite a while to get there even by jet.

Is this right?

Maybe the island isn't installed right?

I used the Lost Key tool to teleport my self around the map to check out the island and it seems normal...so I don't know what's going on.

Thanks.

Yes the carrier is far out to sea ... I've just had the F-14s spawning and falling out of the air onto the carrier deck problem. I upgraded to the latest patch and the updated Nimitz mod. Not sure if its coincidence or a result of the new Nimitz update.

Any chance of getting this updated/fixed. The crew on the nimitz spawns dead. I usually wind up injured when i first spawn in.need to change the setpos to setposASL. after doing that the F14's towards the bow no longer explode and keep respawning. Some of the LHD crew members are still spawning in dead but meh.

Hi ya"s.

If anyone with some mission editing knowleadge wwants to update the mission or port them to other islands is most welcome.

The main thing to do is to chage the setpos commands setposasl commands.The latest nimitz vesrsion changed a few things for the better so needs the mission updated.